Jdunlap12

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5
Yup, I just ordered a set last night.
Let me know how it goes installing it. The only part I don’t like is bore out the holes under the hood. I’ll get it if I don’t have to do that part!

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I put them on my '23 Colorado Z71. Took about 10 minutes per side and I love them. The only slight drawback was the hood did not open quite as far as the stock option with the prop, but I'll still put them on this truck so I don't have to deal with that prop. I did not remove the prop just in case the struts ever failed.

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Looks pretty cool to me. Ordered a set. Hate prop rods

TRD _Rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Camry TRD, 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Hmmm. When I saw this Forum post Last night I checked the RC site and the struts were 49.95. When I went on today to order they jumped to 89.95

Tacoflvrd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD sport
Hmmm. When I saw this Forum post Last night I checked the RC site and the struts were 49.95. When I went on today to order they jumped to 89.95
I was about to order mine through real truck and randomly decided to search Google and found them on RC for $49. Glad I ordered them when I did.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Smart would be just using the prop rod…
The prop rod would not work with the struts installed because the hood does not raise high enough to use the proper rod.

Tacoflvrd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD sport
I just got done installing mine. Their directions suck. You’ll need an m12 socket for the bolts and a m5 Allen wrench. One thing they don’t tell you, you can’t have the prop rod in when you put the struts on. The struts won’t allow you to lift the hood enough to remove the oem prop. You can rest the hood on the outside of the hole where the prop sits in the hood. You have to use a little force but it will pull out once you connect the struts.

The photo was taken just before I realized I couldn’t get the prop out. Haha

2024 Tacoma Rough Country Hood Struts for 2024 Tacoma 4th Gen IMG_7145