Sponsored

Anyone running 20" wheels, lowering springs and R splitter?

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
I have been going back and forth about the set up. 20" v 19" , lowering vs. non lowering. I easily prefer the R splitter over the non-R. Anyone running this set up? Can you post pictures? How bad is the scraping of the splitter with this set up?
Sponsored

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I have been going back and forth about the set up. 20" v 19" , lowering vs. non lowering. I easily prefer the R splitter over the non-R. Anyone running this set up? Can you post pictures? How bad is the scraping of the splitter with this set up?
I have had aftermarket wheels in both 19” and 20”. No effect there if correct tire size is chosen. As for lowering it is something I want to do but have decided not to since scraping at stock ride height is already a danger. Been driving lowered cars for over 40 years and not had a car with the amount of front overhang as an S550 which exacerbates the issue. Add in the extra extension of an R splitter and it would be only more so. If you never have driveways to negotiate or dips and speed bumps to go over you will likely be fine. Otherwise…

Gray Area GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2013 Boss 302
20 inch Vossens, 305/30/20 and 295/30/20 Michelin tires, Ford lowering springs. No R splitter but I don't think it would create too many issues. My setup works great for the roads I drive and I haven't scraped anything but I am careful. No driveway approach issues at the house either.

DSC_0588-4.jpg

DSC_9302.jpg

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
20 inch Vossens, 305/30/20 and 295/30/20 Michelin tires, Ford lowering springs. No R splitter but I don't think it would create too many issues. My setup works great for the roads I drive and I haven't scraped anything but I am careful. No driveway approach issues at the house either.

DSC_0588-4.jpg

DSC_9302.jpg
The car looks great. This highlights just how much where you drive plays into whether or not this will work out or not. What I really wish was that a lift system could be installed without having to switch over to coil overs. That would fix the issue if scraping is a problem.

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
It's pretty low, and the R splitter will absolutely touch at times. I think how bad it is depends 100% on how you feel about a little scrape and what your roads are like. For me it's no issue. Also depends on what you're doing with the car: here's mine under max weight transfer to the left front, looks like maybe 1" of clearance.

closeup.jpg

Not 20" wheels, but it has the sport cup 2's from the rear of the R on all 4 corners, so you could do the math on your tire diameter compared to this one to find out your ride height.

Related mods are of course the R splitter and FP springs up front, BMR handling springs in the rear. Adjustable sway bars, but they're on the softest setting in this pic which is approximately 35% stiffer than the R bars.

At static ride height, I have exactly 3" clearance from the ground to the splitter (maybe a tiny hair less than that at the belly pan, maybe 2-7/8"). I use the sliplo skidplate whatever you want to call it. It scrapes every time on my steep driveway, and I have zero issue with that due to the sliplo. It does not scrape on track (EDIT: on a track with larger dips/undulations/bumps, it would most certainly scrape) but you're definitely going to want to go at an angle on the street at certain times, but as stated above I don't even care when it mashes into the ground because of the sliplo.

All in all the ride height is of zero concern to me, but obviously roads in your locale will dictate that. There are a couple areas where I've had to proceed very cautiously due to the car wanting to bottom out on the exhaust, so an alternate entry was needed.
Sponsored

Last edited: