• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Older guy with manual

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Looks like we "OLD TIMERS" are hanging in there..........so far "flattrkr" takes the PRIZE.....CONGRATULATIONS.....85.....WOW!!:like::clap::thumbsup::rockon:
Sponsored

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Damn, you people are old...🧓👵
Need to change the name of the forum to "mustang 70+g.com :crackup:

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Damn, you people are old...🧓👵
Need to change the name of the forum to "mustang 70+g.com :crackup:
With age comes speed limit, what do you mean the limit is 55 i’m 80 now get outta my way? (Me, Not really but you know what i mean lol)

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Just buy the the manual and put an end to this thread! :crackup:

Juan Loboe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon
You only live once.

Get the manual if you can hack it. Enjoy it for as long as you can. Should it become a burden, trade it or sell it and buy whatever makes you happy.

mabcim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64.5 Mustang Conv, ‘22 Maverick, ‘23 Escape
Realize there are a couple features you can get on the Auto but not the Manual. Like ACC, remote start and remote Rev. Those may not matter to you at all, but wanted to make sure you knew.

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Premium GT, Vapor Blue, Nite Pony Pkg
Get the manual. I'm 65 and after shifting gears for a long time in my 2008 GT I thought the A10 would be a welcomed change. I was wrong. I sold it and bought a manual and it was a HUGE difference in regards to getting pleasure from driving. The A10 is a great transmission, but I really missed shifting. Once I get tired of shifting, l'll sell it and get a different vehicle. I think it's almost sacrilegious not to get a manual with a Mustang unless you have physical restrictions. I did change out the stock clutch spring to the steeda which made a significant difference.

d7dun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I know your struggles as I just got my GT with auto and I'm 77.
Had a '79 Trans Am and missed it all these years.

I would urge you to go with the auto and paddle it on the days you feel more sporty.

Either way, you are going to just love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

edw794

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ford mustang gt
I want to order a 2024 with manual, as I know it will be more fun to drive. But, I am 73 and wondering if a manual might become tiresome for me after a while. I will not track drive it at all - just around town to restaurants, stores, etc. Any of you older guys with a manual have an opinion?

edw794

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ford mustang gt
I want to order a 2024 with manual, as I know it will be more fun to drive. But, I am 73 and wondering if a manual might become tiresome for me after a while. I will not track drive it at all - just around town to restaurants, stores, etc. Any of you older guys with a manual have an opinion?
i'm 77 and have been driving nothing but "clutch" cars since i was 16 and i've owned a lot of cars during that time and now. i believe it is a complete waste of money to buy a performance car with an automatic transmission. if i wanted to just step on the accelerator and steer, i'd get myself a used taxi.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i believe it is a complete waste of money to buy a performance car with an automatic transmission. if i wanted to just step on the accelerator and steer, i'd get myself a used taxi.
There are people with physical disabilities whose only choices are a performance car with an automatic transmission or no performance car. Choose your insults wisely.
Sponsored