Sponsored

GT500 feels slow. How much power before it loses balance?

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Problem with EVs is that they're great at full charge, but as it uses the battery, it becomes slower and slower. An ICE vehicle, on the other hand, becomes faster as you use up the fuel (as it gets lighter obviously). I used to always say that if you had a race between a Tesla S and a Mustang GT from NYC to LA with a 2 man team on each vehicle, the Mustang would reach LA first. Why? Obviously even using Tesla Supercharger stations throughout the route, it will still take 3-5 times longer to recharge than to refuel the Mustang (I'm saying this because sometimes you have to wait 15 minutes for the line at a gas station to disappear so you can actually pump gas into your car). It's no contest in that race.
TLDR. yelling all that shit while giving a ricer fly by to a Tesla?

Teslas dont roll around w dead batteries looking for street races.
Ill just get a Tesla. Truck on order and its gonna pown my mustang... yours too...
Sponsored

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
TLDR. yelling all that shit while giving a ricer fly by to a Tesla?

Teslas dont roll around w dead batteries looking for street races.
Ill just get a Tesla. Truck on order and its gonna pown my mustang... yours too...
not here it won't...

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Manual shifting
Thank you for your reply. Are you still running the factory rear brakes? At what point did you change out your clutches? Are you running a separate intercooler coolant tank? These are three things I don’t want to mess with.

Thanks for the reply.

I like this option, but at what point does improving the efficiency of your carbon footprint production tip the balance of the 2020 GT500?
100% factory brakes and suspension, full weight +. weighed in at 4380 with me (180) the otherday after going 9.3/152mph
You dont need clutches
I do have a sperate trunk mount tank that replaced the OEM.

Jason for reference just went 9.19/150 same setup as me, minus clutches and ice tank

I honestly hate tuning cars remotely. I've done plenty of it and I have never felt comfortable. My plan is to do the modifications I want and ship the car to PBD for tuning on their rollers. I also don't like taking things apart multiple times, just do it once and be done with it.

The more I think about it the more I'm leaning towards the mods below, then let PBD do several tunes. A 91 octane every day tune with a 2.65, E85 tune with the 2.65 and a E85 tune with something smaller for the drag strip. I really don't want to swap pulleys on my daily tunes so maybe 2.85 instead of 2.65, I'll take their recommendation.

Current Plan (could change by tomorrow):

Ngauge
JLT intake
Cat Delete
Kong Ported SC
107mm TB
Smaller pulley
Fuel rails
Bigger injectors
Possibly Whipple intercooler block, lid, larger hoses, etc. I DO NOT want a rear coolant tank.

the E85 tune, will be the E85, regardless of what pulley is on there. you will be tuned for the smallest you plan to run, and if you run bigger, you'll be fine. I have a 93 2.65 tune and an E85 tune, regardless if i run the 2.2 or 2.65

Sponsored

OP
OP
JCDriller

JCDriller

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerad
Vehicle(s)
97 Cobra, 2001 Saleen, 2003 Cobra, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Damn ninja edit ruined all the phun.
I just can’t believe you let me crawl under your skin and live there for so long over a stupid typo. Don’t we all have better things to fill our time?!

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
not here it won't...
Ehhh, Dont under estimate Ford.

Ford WILL complete with the Tesla truck and the fastest Tesla sedans and minvans. Ford is invested in direct sales like Tesla via the Ford/Rivian investment. Ford dealerships must compete with direct sales or die.

No mistake: Direct sales and EV are equally important fronts and Ford is 100% on insuring a competitive Ford future.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Ehhh, Dont under estimate Ford.

Ford WILL complete with the Tesla truck and the fastest Tesla sedans and minvans. Ford is invested in direct sales like Tesla via the Ford/Rivian investment. Ford dealerships must compete with direct sales or die.

No mistake: Direct sales and EV are equally important fronts and Ford is 100% on insuring a competitive Ford future.
What I meant by that is it won't really catch fire much here although I know we must have a mix of options in order to not have "everything in one basket". Having all EVs (what CA wants to do) is crazy and it will come back and bite you at some point. Just like the way we can't possibly survive with only wind/solar for electricity. There's also only so many rivers that we can do hydro with. Countries like India and China don't give a crap about things so they're building lots of coal-fired and other kinds of plants that are cheap but dirty by our standards. Our "clean coal" plants are many times cleaner than what you find in those 2 countries alone (not to mention other nations that follow what they're doing). Despite the problem of disposing nuclear waste from power plants, it seems to be one very wise option for us to pursue. People still have the "China Syndrome" or TMI fear about nuclear energy but we haven't built a new nuclear plant in this country for decades so the designs today must be so many times better in efficiency and safety. I point to our Navy nuclear fleet that hasn't had any power plant issues in a very long time.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Forgot to mention that in our state cost of EVERYTHING is the highest in the country which is why only the "rich" can afford to buy Teslas here. We can barely afford our housing here, let alone cost of food, ridiculously high taxes (to fund a City heavy rail project that will exceed $12 BILLION by the time the barely 20 mile long route is finished; leave it to liberals to screw everything up here, but it's been that way since Statehood in 1959).
Sponsored