Sponsored

My new Underground Limited. I'm so happy.

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Limited Taco, ‘17 ORP 4Runner, ‘18 RAV4
Been waiting on this truck for years. Patiently, impatiently, just knowing that I was going to buy the next gen when it became available.

Holy bleeping bleep.

I’m so happy. Had to go out of state to find the one I wanted and had about a 2 hour drive home. This truck is amazing. And I’ve watched every video and read every article I could find. And I’m still blown away. It almost drives itself. Don’t think I really realized that.

I know the big complaint is the price. But honestly, when I look at what I paid for my wife’s ‘17 4Runner ORP w/ KDSS, my Limited Tacoma is very similarly priced looking at inflation. And oh wow does this new technology run circles around that. And I’ve put a nice Sony CarPlay Kit from Trail Grid Pro in the 4Runner. One time hopping in with the auto running boards and seeing the screen and me showing her some of the toys, and now I’m gonna have to upgrade the 4Runner next year.

Put me in the column of very excited to find my Tacoma, and then blow away once I got it and got to actually drive it. Do not ever recall being this excited about my previous 2 Tacomas. And I loved them both dearly. This truck is a bad mamma jamma and pretty dang sexy if you ask me. Go test drive one on the interstate if you’re on the fence. I know Limited is not for everyone, but I’m spoiled with 4Runner still in the driveway for our hiking and backpacking adventures my family takes. Stoked to have a Limited for my daily commute and home owner runs to HD to Lowe’s.

Pros
-Driver Assist Features
-That Massive Screen
-Ventilated Seats (Georgia)
-Customizable Digital Meter Screen
-HUD is pretty cool
-Power running boards are the most useful step I’ve ever had on any vehicle.

On the Fence
-Need new sunglasses for HUD (Polarized sunglasses make it harder to see. Can tilt my head, but it’s annoying)
-Digital Rear view mirror is taking some time to get used to. Hard for my 45 year old eyes to adjust from road to screen that close.

Cons
-All the chrome

Overall: Extremely happy I went Limited and just super stoked with the Tacoma. 10/10 from this random guy

Taking recommendations for best solution for keeping golf clubs in the bed safely and mostly dry. Pretty sure I need a BakFlip, but all ears if you have a good suggestion.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Daveintb

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 SR5 2wd
Very nice truck, congrats ! I too am patiently waiting to pull the trigger on a limited, test drove one here in Fl and was very impressed as well. I’m wanting one in Wind Chill Pearl or Underground, Smartpath shows just 3 WCP within 500 miles of me, waiting for a few months I think.
How do you like the AVS ?

OP
OP
Limited Will Power
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very nice truck, congrats ! I too am patiently waiting to pull the trigger on a limited, test drove one here in Fl and was very impressed as well. I’m wanting one in Wind Chill Pearl or Underground, Smartpath shows just 3 WCP within 500 miles of me, waiting for a few months I think.
How do you like the AVS ?
Good for me. i was in an F Sport Lexus until I broke it. So comfort has felt like floating on a cloud. I tried sport plus for one drive home from the range. I really was more focused on how much it drove itself than the suspension. I’ll play with it some this week and let you know.

zzneonzz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
Congrats!! Great Choice! I’m also a limited underground owner.
You aren’t getting any NAV info on the HUD? I haven’t used the built in nav but using Apple Carplay mine shows some NAV. When a turn/merge approaches it shows an arrow on the right side of the HUD. I believe there was a setting i had to enable in the HUD menu for it to show though.

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
Looks good. Don't worry about the HUD. I bet you find you stop looking at it in short order. It's a neat idea, but few seem to actually use it much.

OP
OP
Limited Will Power
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You aren’t getting any NAV info on the HUD? I haven’t used the built in nav but using Apple Carplay mine shows some NAV. When a turn/merge approaches it shows an arrow on the right side of the HUD. I believe there was a setting i had to enable in the HUD menu for it to show though.
That was it. Changed one of the setti
you are correct sir.
you are correct
2024 Tacoma My new Underground Limited. I'm so happy. IMG_8623

i missed that whole menu because you have hold OK, to change those settings. I just flipped it on and went on thru the menus

2024 Tacoma My new Underground Limited. I'm so happy. IMG_8621

This was defaulted to standard, and once I changed it to Full, I had the nav.

2024 Tacoma My new Underground Limited. I'm so happy. IMG_8622

Removed from the cons list, thank you for the help.

Taco4ever

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport
Been waiting on this truck for years. Patiently, impatiently, just knowing that I was going to buy the next gen when it became available.

Holy bleeping bleep.

I’m so happy. Had to go out of state to find the one I wanted and had about a 2 hour drive home. This truck is amazing. And I’ve watched every video and read every article I could find. And I’m still blown away. It almost drives itself. Don’t think I really realized that.

I know the big complaint is the price. But honestly, when I look at what I paid for my wife’s ‘17 4Runner ORP w/ KDSS, my Limited Tacoma is very similarly priced looking at inflation. And oh wow does this new technology run circles around that. And I’ve put a nice Sony CarPlay Kit from Trail Grid Pro in the 4Runner. One time hopping in with the auto running boards and seeing the screen and me showing her some of the toys, and now I’m gonna have to upgrade the 4Runner next year.

Put me in the column of very excited to find my Tacoma, and then blow away once I got it and got to actually drive it. Do not ever recall being this excited about my previous 2 Tacomas. And I loved them both dearly. This truck is a bad mamma jamma and pretty dang sexy if you ask me. Go test drive one on the interstate if you’re on the fence. I know Limited is not for everyone, but I’m spoiled with 4Runner still in the driveway for our hiking and backpacking adventures my family takes. Stoked to have a Limited for my daily commute and home owner runs to HD to Lowe’s.

Pros
-Driver Assist Features
-That Massive Screen
-Ventilated Seats (Georgia)
-Customizable Digital Meter Screen
-HUD is pretty cool
-Power running boards are the most useful step I’ve ever had on any vehicle.

On the Fence
-Need new sunglasses for HUD (Polarized sunglasses make it harder to see. Can tilt my head, but it’s annoying)
-Digital Rear view mirror is taking some time to get used to. Hard for my 45 year old eyes to adjust from road to screen that close.

Cons
-All the chrome

Overall: Extremely happy I went Limited and just super stoked with the Tacoma. 10/10 from this random guy

Taking recommendations for best solution for keeping golf clubs in the bed safely and mostly dry. Pretty sure I need a BakFlip, but all ears if you have a good suggestion.
You need a tonneau cover (the one I like is top mount like the Bison, but some likes it flush). As for the golf clubs, it can fit across the bed and I bought a bed divider or floor rubber mat so it doesnt slide to the front.

zzneonzz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
That was it. Changed one of the setti

you are correct sir.

you are correct
IMG_8623.jpeg

i missed that whole menu because you have hold OK, to change those settings. I just flipped it on and went on thru the menus

IMG_8621.jpeg

This was defaulted to standard, and once I changed it to Full, I had the nav.

IMG_8622.jpeg

Removed from the cons list, thank you for the help.
Great!! Glad that helped! Seems many people dislike the HUD but personally i think it is great. I rarely have to look down at the dash

I’m with you on the chrome i wish they let you choose between chrome and black. I think the underground would look amazing if everything chrome was black.

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited, 2023 Wrangler 392, 23 X5 M50i
Looks good. Don't worry about the HUD. I bet you find you stop looking at it in short order. It's a neat idea, but few seem to actually use it much.
Really? I won't buy a vehicle without it. I use it every time I drive.

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
Really? I won't buy a vehicle without it. I use it every time I drive.
I've had it in two vehicles and I find myself being surprised that it's there occasionally. I honestly don't even see it anymore.
Sponsored