• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Missing Underbody Strakes?

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt & 2024 Dark Horse Premium
The Dark Horse with the Handling Pack AND the GT with the Performance Pack come with underbody strakes (although they may need to be installed). However, my Dark Horse without the Handing Pack did not come with underbody strakes. This is peculiar as the DH without the HP is still a step above the GT with the PP. Is this by design or was there an oversight?

For anyone that purchased the DH without the HP, did yours come with strakes or not?
You should have them. There is probably a pile of them on a workbench in every dealer service area.
My DH non-HP also didnā€™t have them.
My DH premium is a non HP & had the strakes in a bag with the tow hook & security lug nuts in the trunk! They were supposed to be installed by the dealer as part of the PDI but that was not done. Installed the strakes & security lugs myself.
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Strikes and security lugs most certainly should have been installed by dealer before delivery.

MJS54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Corvette Cpe, '18 Lexus ES 350, '23 Bronco Spt
From the day it was ordered to the day I took delivery, it took exactly 85 days. That said, I waited longer than that to get it because I was put on an order wait list four months prior (since August 2024).

If your dealer had an actual allocation, your car would have been built by now. There are dealers that will take orders without any actual allocations and those orders will just sit in the system unfulfilled. I would question your dealer about that.
Rebelman, thanks for the infoā€¦dealer had told he had 6 DH allocationsā€¦the first one he had to order ā€¦that left 5 allocations (and I ended up receiving the last allocation)ā€¦so far the dealership received 2 Dark Horses and then I was informed that customer #4 would have their DH built in April of this year, followed by customer #5 being built this month (May)ā€¦but that mine (allocation #6) still reads ā€œUnscheduled-clean.ā€ He told me that mine should be built sometime in June, but couldnā€™t confirm it. So, Iā€™m thinking the earliest I might get it would be July or Augustā€¦if itā€™s August then that would be 11 months of waiting for a DHā€¦and yet DHā€™s seem to be heading out all over ā€¦even abroad.

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt, '24 Dark Horse
Strikes and security lugs most certainly should have been installed by dealer before delivery.
Perhaps. I had requested they don't remove anything like the protective tape, interior plastic wrap, and the floor mats so I suspect they took that request all the way to mean everything.

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so you got it before ordering?
Let me clarify...

I was not in line to place an order because all 7 of their allocations were spoken for. I asked to be placed on a wait list just in case something was to change in my favor. It did and it took 4 months of waiting for that to happen.

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rebelman, thanks for the infoā€¦dealer had told he had 6 DH allocationsā€¦the first one he had to order ā€¦that left 5 allocations (and I ended up receiving the last allocation)ā€¦so far the dealership received 2 Dark Horses and then I was informed that customer #4 would have their DH built in April of this year, followed by customer #5 being built this month (May)ā€¦but that mine (allocation #6) still reads ā€œUnscheduled-clean.ā€ He told me that mine should be built sometime in June, but couldnā€™t confirm it. So, Iā€™m thinking the earliest I might get it would be July or Augustā€¦if itā€™s August then that would be 11 months of waiting for a DHā€¦and yet DHā€™s seem to be heading out all over ā€¦even abroad.
The timing does seem a little off. Ford uses a primary and secondary production status. My order was "In Processing" "Unscheduled-Clean" for about 3 weeks before it was scheduled. At this stage Ford should have all the materials needed to build your vehicle. It seems a little unusual to be stuck at this stage for so long unless your order had delays in options (like there was with the Night Pony Package for instance) but then your order wouldn't be "clean" in that case.

I think your dealer strung you along for you to have been waiting nearly a year for your vehicle to be built (all things considered). At this point you really have no choice but to wait it out a bit more or cancel your order and go with a readily available one.

I technically waited 7 months for my car to be built and I wouldn't have minded waiting a few months more to get the car that I specifically ordered and wanted... Dark Horse Delivery :wink:

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Let me clarify...

I was not in line to place an order because all 7 of their allocations were spoken for. I asked to be placed on a wait list just in case something was to change in my favor. It did and it took 4 months of waiting for that to happen.
Let me clarify...

I was joking about you saying since August 2024...which is in the future.

MJS54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The timing does seem a little off. Ford uses a primary and secondary production status. My order was "In Processing" "Unscheduled-Clean" for about 3 weeks before it was scheduled. At this stage Ford should have all the materials needed to build your vehicle. It seems a little unusual to be stuck at this stage for so long unless your order had delays in options (like there was with the Night Pony Package for instance) but then your order wouldn't be "clean" in that case.

I think your dealer strung you along for you to have been waiting nearly a year for your vehicle to be built (all things considered). At this point you really have no choice but to wait it out a bit more or cancel your order and go with a readily available one.

I technically waited 7 months for my car to be built and I wouldn't have minded waiting a few months more to get the car that I specifically ordered and wanted... Dark Horse Delivery :wink:
Again, thanks for the great infoā€¦if I donā€™t receive a build date by the 1st of Juneā€¦I have had an eye on a ā€˜24 Torch Red C8 (1LT) with an MSRP of $72K arriving in a couple of weeks at a local dealer. I would really prefer the DH, but Ford might lose out in this instance. I check in with the dealer weekly and the same responseā€¦ā€no update on your DH order.ā€ā˜¹

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt & 2024 Dark Horse Premium
Again, thanks for the great infoā€¦if I donā€™t receive a build date by the 1st of Juneā€¦I have had an eye on a ā€˜24 Torch Red C8 (1LT) with an MSRP of $72K arriving in a couple of weeks at a local dealer. I would really prefer the DH, but Ford might lose out in this instance. I check in with the dealer weekly and the same responseā€¦ā€no update on your DH order.ā€ā˜¹
Ordered my DH in March the day after order banks opened & didn't take delivery until December so Ford didn't seem to be in a hurry to fulfill the order! Hope you hear good news soon! Just got finished with the Dark Horse Track Attack at Charlotte Motor Speedway & these cars are amazing! Don't think Chevy offers any track time when you purchase the Vette. I do hear what you're saying though I would possibly have purchased a C8 Vette if my local chevy dealer didn't want a $10,000 non-refundable deposit & a wait of 6-18 months!

MJS54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered my DH in March the day after order banks opened & didn't take delivery until December so Ford didn't seem to be in a hurry to fulfill the order! Hope you hear good news soon! Just got finished with the Dark Horse Track Attack at Charlotte Motor Speedway & these cars are amazing! Don't think Chevy offers any track time when you purchase the Vette. I do hear what you're saying though I would possibly have purchased a C8 Vette if my local chevy dealer didn't want a $10,000 non-refundable deposit & a wait of 6-18 months!
Iā€™m trying to keep the faithā€¦but C8ā€™s are being pumped out quite a bit by Bowling Green. No long waits and some Chevy dealers are selling them under MSRP. My three local Chevy dealers are getting in C8ā€™s every couple of weeks.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Ordered my DH in March the day after order banks opened & didn't take delivery until December so Ford didn't seem to be in a hurry to fulfill the order!
Because the ONLY thing that affects order to delivery times is Ford's desire to make you wait? šŸ˜†

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would really prefer the DH, but Ford might lose out in this instance. I check in with the dealer weekly and the same responseā€¦ā€no update on your DH order.ā€ā˜¹
I bleed Ford blue but I wouldnā€™t blame you If you made the jump to the C8. But only if you really want to not because you feel like you have to.

Have you considered putting in an order with another dealer? You might get better results and if it didnā€™t work out you still have the original order to fall back on.

VTX CHF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST/ Z4M
You are eligible for a discount at Ron Fellows in Spring Mountain with a new Vette purchase. Great course and instructors. My wife had Richie Hearn as a coach.