Sponsored

Mild Rattle or Ticking Sound Drivers Side Interior.

MarineVet6113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD
Just picked up a new Tacoma 2 days ago. Was curious if anyone has experienced a mild rattle or ticking like noise on the drivers side door or b-pillar area. I cannot figure out what it is or could be but it is in that general area. It’s is not heard during most driving except when going over rougher patches of road or something would could more sharp jarring of the truck rather than something like a speed bump. I cannot tell if it’s outside the door/b pillar area or inside. It sounds like it’s literally like right in your face if I ride in the back side and put my ear close to that area but I can’t seem to put my finger on anything. May have to go to dealer but really didn’t want to. It’s minor but noticeable enough to be mildly annoying.
Sponsored

PaulT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Taco Sport 4WD
TFL guys found a rattle with the tailgate cable. 🤷‍♂️

dshargs

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
This sounds most like a plastic like tick.
I have the same thing. Sounds like it's coming from over my left shoulder. Doesn't happen on every drive. Just sometimes. But I agree -- it's annoying. Tried folding/unfolding the rear seats but didn't do it. I think I need to sit in the back while someone else is driving.

OP
OP

MarineVet6113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the same thing. Sounds like it's coming from over my left shoulder. Doesn't happen on every drive. Just sometimes. But I agree -- it's annoying. Tried folding/unfolding the rear seats but didn't do it. I think I need to sit in the back while someone else is driving.
Yeah I initially thought it was the button I was hearing on the strap button on the back seat where it snap in the up position but sitting in back it’s not that. It’s somewhere near the b pillar or aft side of the driver door and seems to be outside of the door panel but just wish I could put my finger on it to squish it so I know what I was.

Toy-truck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
I am also having this issue. It doesn't happen every ride but it does happen every now and then. I believe it is coming from the inside of the B pillar. I just don't want to tear my newish truck apart just yet and I don't want to take it to the dealership and sit around for a few hours.

OP
OP

MarineVet6113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am also having this issue. It doesn't happen every ride but it does happen every now and then. I believe it is coming from the inside of the B pillar. I just don't want to tear my newish truck apart just yet and I don't want to take it to the dealership and sit around for a few hours.
Yeah I agree with you on both of those points.

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
It’s the rear door panel, about 12-16” up from floor, right at the edge that touches the pillar when closed, edge of speaker. You can push on it and feel the give, and hear the tick. I placed a small piece of double sided sticky rubber in that spot…silent now.

I did this to both rear doors in same spot. Passenger side made noise too, but not as loud.

OP
OP

MarineVet6113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s the rear door panel, about 12-16” up from floor, right at the edge that touches the pillar when closed, edge of speaker. You can push on it and feel the give, and hear the tick. I placed a small piece of double sided sticky rubber in that spot…silent now.

I did this to both rear doors in same spot. Passenger side made noise too, but not as loud.
Are you talking about the edge where it looks like it splits into 2 pieces. I did push on that and it does have a similar sound. Where exactly did you place the rubber? Behind it? I’m not sure that’s it yet but you did give me something to put my finger on that is for sure making that sounds. It’s pretty tight but if I push it towards the door it does make a tick.

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
Are you talking about the edge where it looks like it splits into 2 pieces. I did push on that and it does have a similar sound. Where exactly did you place the rubber? Behind it? I’m not sure that’s it yet but you did give me something to put my finger on that is for sure making that sounds. It’s pretty tight but if I push it towards the door it does make a tick.
Yes, that area. Pushed the sticky rubber foam just under the edge. My son is using the truck right now, but when he returns I’ll take a picture of exact location and post.

OP
OP

MarineVet6113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, that area. Pushed the sticky rubber foam just under the edge. My son is using the truck right now, but when he returns I’ll take a picture of exact location and post.
Thank you. I would appreciate that very much. It did cut a small piece of cloth to kind of wedge a little behind the edge of that panel where I “think” you are talking about and drove around the neighborhood over some reflectors and harsh areas where I heard it a lot last night and it appears to be gone. I’m gonna wait for your pics and test this in a few other places tomorrow. You have made my day if this works out. I love this truck but that has been a bit annoying because I came from a Jeep where everything creaks. If this checks out you just saved me time going to the dealer trying to chase a minor annoyance.

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
I know exactly what you mean. I sold a 2023 Tundra TRD Pro because of all the annoying squeaks and rattles. I’m absolutely thrilled with my Tacoma. I had this one tick and a little wind noise from the rear door. Was able to solve both, and the cabin is super quiet now.

OP
OP

MarineVet6113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know exactly what you mean. I sold a 2023 Tundra TRD Pro because of all the annoying squeaks and rattles. I’m absolutely thrilled with my Tacoma. I had this one tick and a little wind noise from the rear door. Was able to solve both, and the cabin is super quiet now.
Right on. Looking forward to your pics but I think I got the right place and test it some more. I don’t have the window issue that I have noticed as of yet but if I get it I’ll reach out :)

GRKTRD

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma
I have a rattle on driver side door with the window area and the little JBL speaker even rattles lmao
Sponsored