MBRP street exhaust too long?

sspetri

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergio
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hi, just installed my new MBRP street version in my mustang, I’m happy with the sound but it seems the exhaust is too long and the muffler pipe is very visible inside the tip.

I’m thinking about cut some inches to have a better fit, anyone had the same experience?

also, it’s very difficult to centralize the tips/pipes with the clamps and the mid hanger.

Any recommendations??

IMG_1398.jpeg
Sponsored

flyleclair

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
I had the same issue and trimmed the pipe back and now it’s looks better.
IMG_2113.png

rpinkstn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Magnetic Metallic
I installed the same exhaust system on my wife's '17 GT. I have the same condition on her car. The pipes are a little too long where they go into the chrome tips. It bothered me at first and I had planned to trim them but never got around to it and its been well over a year now. 😏

And yes, I also had some trouble getting the pipes and tips centered and symetrical. You just hve to snug all the clamps and keep fiddling with the sections of exhaust pipe until you get it where you want it. You may have to twist or rotate those intermediate sections a little one way or another to get the tips where you want them. It took me some time and patience but I'm happy with the results.

Last edited:
OP
OP

sspetri

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergio
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Tks!!!
I just trimmed it down 1 1/4 and now it fits perfectly!!!