Sponsored

Powhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 TRD OR 6MT DCSB Underground
Fast HD Recon 17x8, +20 offset, 95.1 hub, weighing in at 24.8 lbs. Wrapped them in Toyo Open Country R/T tires 285/70r17. No rub at full steering lock or ripping through a very bumpy field by my place. Very happy with the setup so far and looking forward to getting it dirty on some real trails once work settles down next week.

Truck is completely stock, I was thinking of levelling it, but after seeing how it sits with the stock wheels and tires in the bed (which is probably around 250lbs) I intend to keep the suspension stock for the time being. Iā€™m sure it will be very capable off road as is.

Fuel economy took a bit of a hit. I was running around 20.5 mpg combined city/highway, now Iā€™m probably around 17.5. This is with the 6MT.

2024 Tacoma Installed hubcentric wheel option -- Fast HD Recon 17x8, +20 offset, 95.1 hub, weight 24.8 lbs image0

2024 Tacoma Installed hubcentric wheel option -- Fast HD Recon 17x8, +20 offset, 95.1 hub, weight 24.8 lbs image1

2024 Tacoma Installed hubcentric wheel option -- Fast HD Recon 17x8, +20 offset, 95.1 hub, weight 24.8 lbs image2

2024 Tacoma Installed hubcentric wheel option -- Fast HD Recon 17x8, +20 offset, 95.1 hub, weight 24.8 lbs image3

2024 Tacoma Installed hubcentric wheel option -- Fast HD Recon 17x8, +20 offset, 95.1 hub, weight 24.8 lbs image4

2024 Tacoma Installed hubcentric wheel option -- Fast HD Recon 17x8, +20 offset, 95.1 hub, weight 24.8 lbs image7

2024 Tacoma Installed hubcentric wheel option -- Fast HD Recon 17x8, +20 offset, 95.1 hub, weight 24.8 lbs image5

2024 Tacoma Installed hubcentric wheel option -- Fast HD Recon 17x8, +20 offset, 95.1 hub, weight 24.8 lbs image6
Sponsored

Last edited:

R.A.N.M.J.

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2023 4Runner, 2024 Tacoma
No rub at full steering lock or ripping through a very bumpy field by my place.
Nice! I actually like the looks of these. Glad to see something other than Method put on a new vehicle.

OP
OP
Powhunter

Powhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice! I actually like the looks of these. Glad to see something other than Method put on a new vehicle.
Donā€™t get me wrong, I love the functionality of the Method bead grip, but yeah, it seems theyā€™re already overdone. A couple reasons swayed me over to these Fast HDs.
1. Hubcentric
2. Narrower and lighter
3. Looks
4. Slightly better price here in Canada.

1stTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport (6MT)
Donā€™t get me wrong, I love the functionality of the Method bead grip, but yeah, it seems theyā€™re already overdone. A couple reasons swayed me over to these Fast HDs.
1. Hubcentric
2. Narrower and lighter
3. Looks
4. Slightly better price here in Canada.
Your truck looks great .... Same four reasons here ... I never looked at Fast wheels but need to look into them now ... thanks

OP
OP
Powhunter

Powhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your truck looks great .... Same four reasons here ... I never looked at Fast wheels but need to look into them now ... thanks
Thanks very much! Iā€™ve been dreaming about this truck for a year now since last May when I put my deposit down. Itā€™s finally coming together.

1stTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport (6MT)
Thanks very much! Iā€™ve been dreaming about this truck for a year now since last May when I put my deposit down. Itā€™s finally coming together.
Wow since May !!! I have never owned a truck but always wanted one . I have been waiting for this newer version mainly because I sat in the 3G and didn't like the seating . Thank God they addressed it. I placed my deposit in Nov and got it in April. It was the first manual they received.

Last edited:

fitsofrage88

First Name
fitsofrage88
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4th Gen. Tacoma 2024+
Did the factory tpms sensors work on the aftermarket
Fast HD Recon 17x8, +20 offset, 95.1 hub, weighing in at 24.8 lbs. Wrapped them in Toyo Open Country R/T tires 285/70r17. No rub at full steering lock or ripping through a very bumpy field by my place. Very happy with the setup so far and looking forward to getting it dirty on some real trails once work settles down next week.

Truck is completely stock, I was thinking of levelling it, but after seeing how it sits with the stock wheels and tires in the bed (which is probably around 250lbs) I intend to keep the suspension stock for the time being. Iā€™m sure it will be very capable off road as is.

Fuel economy took a bit of a hit. I was running around 20.5 mpg combined city/highway, now Iā€™m probably around 17.5. This is with the 6MT.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image7.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image6.jpeg
looks good, did the tpms sensors get reused in the aftermarket wheels on the 24 Tacoma.

OP
OP
Powhunter

Powhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did the factory tpms sensors work on the aftermarket

looks good, did the tpms sensors get reused in the aftermarket wheels on the 24 Tacoma.
I didnā€™t bother switching them over. The price of everything was already getting up there and I plan to be airing up and down semi regularly so Iā€™ll be checking them manually quite a bit so I decided I didnā€™t need the extra cost of TPMS sensors. The stock TPMS will be staying with the stock wheels as Iā€™ll be putting winters on them in the fall.

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
I really like that look. The 18ā€ version has a +10 offset though. Too much poke for me Iā€™m thinking.

Looking for 35-45 range.

OP
OP
Powhunter

Powhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really like that look. The 18ā€ version has a +10 offset though. Too much poke for me Iā€™m thinking.

Looking for 35-45 range.
I used this tool https://www.customwheeloffset.com/tire-wheel-backspacing-offset-calculators quite a bit when I was shopping for wheels. By the calculations my wheels are out 1.59ā€ further than stock resulting just slightly more poke than I was hoping, but given the chance Iā€™d still go with these wheels again over the 17x8 +35 Black Rhino Stadiums I was considering.

The Fast HD Recon 18x9 +10 would be 2.46ā€ further out than stock, or 0.87ā€ more than mine, which I agree with you, would be too much poke.
Sponsored