I got to drive a 24’ MY 4Runner TRD Pro and honestly I understand why people miss the V6.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
So I’ve never driven a 4Runner before and finally I got to drive a TRD Pro model. I actually understand why so many are worried about the new 4 Cylinder.

Although the V6 is old and so is that 5 Speed auto, the engine is just bulletproof. Everything about this model feels analogue which is something a lot of modern cars have lost over the years. In my video I go deeper into why I feel that and even throw shade and some other brands.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Sorry but the new 2025 Hybrid gives a lot more torque at low RPM and average 11 liter vice 15 liter per 100 for the dinosaure V6.
Oh I know it does but for some reason this just felt more old and analog that some buyers are looking for.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I might be getting my hands on a 24’ MY Land Cruiser this weekend to review. This will be great because it can give me and some viewers an idea of how the 4Runner will feel.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
You know in twenty years people will be saying....gee i sure miss that Hybrid 4 banger and old school tech...can't trust these new fangled engines and updated technology .
I have to agree. I mean one thing I’ve said time and time again to people and in my videos is that it could be worse, they could have done an all electric version instead of a Hybrid. Nonetheless it’s a great conversation starter

Bronconomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have to agree. I mean one thing I’ve said time and time again to people and in my videos is that it could be worse, they could have done an all electric version instead of a Hybrid. Nonetheless it’s a great conversation starter
Well I belive most people on this forum have/ are moving on from yesterday’s news and moving on to the next generation of automotive technology.

Last edited:

kzrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner TRD off-road
I might be getting my hands on a 24’ MY Land Cruiser this weekend to review. This will be great because it can give me and some viewers an idea of how the 4Runner will feel.
I'd be very interested to know how much front seat head room the LC has.

Kuzco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 VW Golf R
Sales pitch on point, but so many aspects for a 2024 vehicle are dated. Halogen turn signals/ cabin lights, switches, gauge cluster, and despite being tried and true, a tired power train. Reminds me of the 04-22 Subaru wrx sti and how it never got a much deserved update. Honestly feel bad for the folks buying this MY at $50k+ with the new updates around the corner. 🤷🏽‍♂️

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I’ll get back to you on that. I did sit in it yesterday and felt like I had a good amount headroom left. I’ll have to look back at the footage and tell you the exact amount of head space left

IceColdNorth

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
Sorry but the new 2025 Hybrid gives a lot more torque at low RPM and average 11 liter vice 15 liter per 100 for the dinosaure V6.
Bingo. This low-end torque is what I loved about the '23 hybrid Sequoia I got to drive and expect to also find when the hybrid 4Runner & LC250 hit my local dealership.

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester and Ascent
You know in twenty years people will be saying....gee i sure miss that Hybrid 4 banger and old school tech...can't trust these new fangled engines and updated technology .
In 20 years almost all of the manufactured vehicles will be full EV. Honestly this is probably the last ICE only generation for the the 4Runner. Large manufactures like Toyota will likely be doing some ICE vehicles in 20 years, but most of those will still besome form of hybrid. Meanwhile, small manufactures like Subaru or Mazda will likely go full EV as quick as possible.

In most ways that will be better, but I understand how many will still miss the experience of an ICE vehicle. They will have stupid ways to fake it, but stuff like that is annoying to me. Whether it is the fake gear shifts programed into my Subaru's CVT or the fake engine noise pumped into the cabin of the Tacoma, I'm not a fan of any of it.

I however am not much of a traditionalist and will welcome the EV transition. That is as long as manufactures like Toyota don't make a lot of the stupid "different to be different" design decisions Tesla and many other EV manufactures are making (like the steering wheel). If it ain't broke don't fix it.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Sorry for taking awhile to respond. At Six foot tall and having the seat mid way between high and low I had roughly 1 1/2 inch left of head space due to the Sunroof. If it didn’t have a sunroof I say it would be about 2- 2 1/2 inch of head space

kzrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner TRD off-road
Sorry for taking awhile to respond. At Six foot tall and having the seat mid way between high and low I had roughly 1 1/2 inch left of head space due to the Sunroof. If it didn’t have a sunroof I say it would be about 2- 2 1/2 inch of head space
Thank you very much for this report.

I'm 6' 2" and am therefore concerned that I would never fit in to a 4Runner. Which is what I really want. This is based on reports that the LC has a much taller roof-line.
Ah well, I guess that I'll half to look at a LC or GX.