GT500 air ride

kawazakske

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dually Chevy Dually
Anyone has put air suspension on their +2020 GT500 ? Thinking about it but would live to keep the magnaride
Sponsored

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I’m aware of that. The question was aimed at why go air ride? I’ve used it on several vehicles over the years, but that was lowered cars, trucks, etc.

I know you’re probably not asking me this but might as well post it for the OP.

Because the air ride bags replace the stock struts. With no struts you have no magnaride.

Alex.Envy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Hey man! I'll give you my brutally honest opinion of air ride. For some cars it works, for others it doesn't. If you're not going to the track or hitting the dragon every weekend, it won't really hinder your day to day life with it; but you will have to care for it more than just having coils/lowering spring. I've found that 95% of the people that say bags ruin the car are people who let their shit rot in the garage and only use it for getting an ice-cream cone on a Sunday afternoon.

Bags on a GT500 is totally doable - that being said you want to have a combination of three companies to make it the best you can. You want to have BC racing rear shocks - this allows for an extra 1" drop while aired out. You want to have airlift management - the best in the game and honestly the only management worth getting. Then lastly you want to have Universal air bags and front struts. The way they have the bags set up is more reliable than that of airlift. You won't be able to keep magnaride, but they make modules that you clip into the magnaride that makes it easy to "delete". I would recommend getting the ones from a company called Xineering. There also isn't permanent damage done as magnaride is just a simple push clip, it would take only but a few hours to revert back to OEM.

Due to the weight of the car you will be sitting at higher pressure than a normal mustang or a GT350. You won't really feel this driving around town unless you're some super star track driver - but then again you wouldn't be on this forum if that was the case. In terms of maintenance you have to purge the air system every few days, and if you live in very cold areas you'll have to have it garaged and purge often because you don't want any of the condensation to freeze up. One downside to anything air related is leaks - they'll happen from time to time and you'll also get blown lines, so if you're someone that doesn't work on the car yourself(or has a close friend that can help out) then it probably isn't for you.

On my 500 I've done steeda springs, airlift, and coilovers. Overall I personally prefer coil overs just because there's no management required and it gives me the ability to corner balance and adjust the spring rate as I want.

If you have any questions just LMK, but don't pay much attention to the naysayers - they're the kind of people to claim they have a 1 of 1 car built on a Tuesday afternoon personally signed by the second cousin twice removed from Carroll Shelby's family.

Plus Air looks the best.
portland.jpg