Sponsored

Extang Trifecta 2.0 Trifold Tonneau Cover - fitment

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Just FYI, was able to get an Extang Trifecta 2.0 Trifold cover. It was 479 and shipped from Real Truck. The directions and brackets are noted as 2024 Tacoma.

I don’t have much experience with this cover previously but here are my thoughts.

Saying this ‘fits’ the 2024 is a stretch at best. The back weather strip that is supposed to go on the back bed frame near the cab has weather stripping already attached from the factory. It BARELY touches and I mean barely like 1/16th inch coverage in spots. The front that says it should overlap the tailgate by 1-2 “fins” which guard against water infiltration etc barely touch and I doubt there is overlap. There is no wiggle room front to back to adjust. Move it forward and there would be gaps at the cab and move it back there would be gaps at the tailgate.

What does work is the bracket to attach to the bed. The topper attaches fine using the bed rails.

I will post pictures tomorrow but I really think they are pushing it saying this fits and I have real concerns on water tightness. Also the pre-installed weather strip is not straight and I can’t remove/replace it. So just a warning to everyone else. Yes it “fits” but it just by a hair. I plan on going past the truck shop who ordered it and ask their opinion on if it should be returned.
Sponsored

devosphoto

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road
I ordered the Extang Trifecta ALX Tri-fold Tonneau Cover. Same issue. It really should be an inch longer. The rubber strip all the back, by window slips down and in. I'm sure water will get in. I shifted as far as I could away from the tailgate but the brackets on the tailgate end are at its limit. Hopefully it will stay dry.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
I ordered the Extang Trifecta ALX Tri-fold Tonneau Cover. Same issue. It really should be an inch longer. The rubber strip all the back, by window slips down and in. I'm sure water will get in. I shifted as far as I could away from the tailgate but the brackets on the tailgate end are at its limit. Hopefully it will stay dry.

I am taking it by the shop I bought it from today. I don't think they did any redesign on this topper they just threw some brackets in the box and sent it out so they could get the products listed for sale.

Same issue as you, I had to mess with it a bunch of times to get the back weather stripping to be over the bed rail and it is but it is by just a hair and if I touch it it will fall down into the bed leaving gap the rain will get in.

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
I've had 3 extang solid folds on 3 different trucks, I guess they are my favorite. But I think I'm going to hold off buying anything until some brand comes up with a design that matches the unique profile of the foward bulkhead on the 2024 model.

cuechairo

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(TBD) 2024 Tacoma TRD OR
I just ordered the Bakflip MX4, hopefully they won't have similar issues with their offering

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Posting an update. I took the cover back to the truck outfitter shop I purchased it from and they said it looked like the weather strip was not installed correctly from Extang. They are going to request a new weather strip and will refit it for me. They are confident that refitting the weather strip will give an extra 1/2
- 1 inch of coverage and I think that will fix the fitment issue.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
2nd update, I am awaiting a new weather strip to fit to the cover where it meets the cab. The truck outfitter did refit the cover for me to where it is just barely fitting and it did survive a good downpour without letting water in the bed.

I think the cover will work fine so long as the weather strip is installed correctly. I think once I get the new strip it will fit fine.
Sponsored