pre filter update

JCN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT, 14 F150, 23 F150
I received and installed my outerwares pre filter today, The 20-3267 recomended by Nick (at outerwares}fits perfectly on the GT350 filter used in the FRP power pack kit. I ordered the blue in hopes it would match car and it's pretty close. I also noticed the air box seal has made a perfect imprint in the hood insulation so mine fits better than some
20210529_124329[935].jpg
20210529_125756[930].jpg
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Good to see they hooked you up and now you’re “protected”… :)

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I need to get one of those. Do you have a link to it? Navigating their page is a task.

OP
OP
JCN

JCN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
I need to get one of those. Do you have a link to it? Navigating their page is a task.
No I don't, I called to see what they offered for this size filter. Spoke to Nick in sales, said this is new part number not online yet. The number is 20-3267 and the phone is 800-967-3450. They are in Schoolcraft Mi. so probably same time zone as you. Jim (Nick took my order over phone-$37.95, no shipping)

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
You said you ordered it in blue. Did they have other colors available? Trying to keep my red theme going.

Sponsored

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Adding pre filter reduces amount of oxygen getting to engine,thus reducing hp.i can only see using it if your driving in very dusty area,but you'll need to clean fikter often because there'll be buildup of smaller particles that will further reduce air flow.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Adding pre filter reduces amount of oxygen getting to engine,thus reducing hp.i can only see using it if your driving in very dusty area,but you'll need to clean fikter often because there'll be buildup of smaller particles that will further reduce air flow.
Please post factual info to the claim.

Outerwears as well as other prefilter companies state there is no HP or air flow loss when using such prefilters.

Also, the purpose of a prefilter is to block the smallest particulate matter from the main filter. An uncovered filter will clog much faster, whether it's a stock paper filter OR a "performance" filter. The prefilter will and does prevent the main filter from becoming saturated with debris AND at the same time it is deflecting particulate from itself due to its material and design.

I've posted pics of my Outwears prefilter after 5,000 miles in this link:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/pre-filter.160216/post-3265100

As one can see in the linked images in that thread, the debris is sitting on top of the Outerwears and isn't "clogging it" at all. If I tapped the Outerwears, that debris would fall right to the bottom of the air box. The same happens when there is airflow occurring, debris will deflect off the Outerwears and into the bottom of the air box. If the Outerwears was not in place, that same debris would have been packed into the pleats of the main filter.

--
Here's data from another prefilter company:
https://www.freedomairfilters.com/faq.html

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Please post factual info to the claim.

Outerwears as well as other prefilter companies state there is no HP or air flow loss when using such prefilters.
If it filters, it restricts atmospheric flow. There is no free lunch. Just basic physics.

I'd be willing to bet that on an otherwise completely stock engine, the factory CAI & filter would make more power than one of these with a pre-filter.

You might also want to consider if marketing from a company about their product is the most objective source for information.

OP
OP
JCN

JCN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
You said you ordered it in blue. Did they have other colors available? Trying to keep my red theme going.
They have quite a few colors, I don't remember what all he rattled off.

Torched10, NoVaGT as Cobra Jet put it show us your prof, If ya don't like them then PLEASE don't buy one. For myself if this makes the $75 main filter last longer then it's worth it. The point of keeping it cleaned off has been made and no doubt is valid, after having this in hand I can say it would take a lot of neglect to get enough dirt on this to cause any measurable restriction. But I'm not an expert either! Jim

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The only reason I want one is because I have a ram air hood and live in FL. I dont want to be driving on a highway in the middle of July with crazy rain sucking in water with a bare filter. I have a water repellent one now, but it doesnt fit all the way. I only use it if needed or I know it might rain hard.

Sponsored

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
The only reason I want one is because I have a ram air hood and live in FL. I dont want to be driving on a highway in the middle of July with crazy rain sucking in water with a bare filter. I have a water repellent one now, but it doesnt fit all the way. I only use it if needed or I know it might rain hard.
[HeresOTE]
Here's study on otegultetd for home environment sitting in front of hepa filter.analagous to our car filtering situation.they conclude they're not as effective and they don't increase lifespan of hepa
As a physics major.i agree they would reduce air flow at the margin
It's not worth blowing up the thread.heres the article.

https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/air-purifier-pre-filter-useful/