Sponsored

Double-clutch Rev-Matching

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Of the four cars we have, only one has ESC, one more has TC only, and the '95 Mazda doesn't even have ABS. It truly doesn't even cross my mind when driving any of
the "under-nannied" cars that I'm missing anything.

For most people the nannies go unnoticed, that is until you actually need them.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Mostly true . . . as opposed to always true since I can tell you that any unwarranted intervention can definitely give you a Whiskey Tango Foxtrot moment.

Norm

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT/PP
Curiosity at this point, but was the automated rev matching smart enough to know if you were skipping gears or did it simply assume you always downshifted sequentially?
Norm
Yeah, that thing was really accurate, there is a position sensor on the tranny and regardless of going from 4th to 3rd, or 4th to 2nd it calculates speed and rpm and matched perfectly. I'm a decent driver but I don't get enough track time to really hone my skills, just a hobby for me. I find the rev match didn't necessarily improve my fastest lap time, but it did make me more consistent lap to lap.

I'm not sure why, could be the crappy shifter, pedal spacing, what ever, but I have a difficult time with the GT500. My Mini and WRX not so much, I think that's why I would just really welcome a 7spd rev match on the new GT350, or 500.
I really need a test drive in the new C7 Vette, like to know how well there system works. Only problem is, I really like that Vette, I'm afraid if I drive it, I might just drive it all the way home. :-)

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
It's always a joy watch Gary Sheehan doing double clutch and heel toe.

Question: Do the pedals, in stock configuration, on the current Mustang (S197) allow one to perform DC + HT pretty easily? I assume S550 should have similar pedal configuration, correct?
Sponsored