• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dealer Test drive refusal?!?!

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
I seem to have had the opposite experiences... I am usually the one refusing the test drive... lol. Must be only high pressure salesmen around here.

Them's fightin words! 😆
That way round is fact :p the other way round however and you might be AMG although that have just back tracked on there idea.

The CLE 53 is a 3l V6.
They were about to release a CLE 63 with a 2l 4cyl hybrid from the C63, but they've back tracked and will put the 4l V8 back in it with 100bhp less than the hybrid.
I think they took one look at the C63's sales figures and went 'oh %% nobody wants that car'
Sponsored

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt, '24 Dark Horse
I don't think any dealer should allow anyone to test drive any specialty vehicle.

Most people that want to “test” drive aren’t serious buyers and for those that are serious they aren’t going to want to lay down the big bucks for a molested model anyway. I know I wouldn’t.

Seriously, how many people test drove the model they ordered before they ordered it?

Look at the grind Ford is making potential buyers go through to get the GTD. How many of these people had a chance to “test” drive it?

If you’re a buyer that insists on a “test” drive, just be aware that there is also a buyer that doesn't. A considerate dealer has absolutely nothing to worry about. 😏

ZBOBMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
That's because roadpilot is not a salesman I think, because he needs to repeat it like a parrot in every comment.

Also because roadpilot makes it a sport to win every argument and that leads to hundreds of comments just to win the conversation.

But in other threads he says to another guy that he has many comments because he is helping the forum in a positive way.

Dude is delusional 😂😂😂😂
RaceRedder
Tried to be civil with TOADPILOT, but that did not work. He refuses to consider other viewpoints and thoughts. Not very constructive.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry. was typing to fast. I meant @ZBOBMAN

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think any dealer should allow anyone to test drive any specialty vehicle.

Most people that want to “test” drive aren’t serious buyers and for those that are serious they aren’t going to want to lay down the big bucks for a molested model anyway. I know I wouldn’t.

Seriously, how many people test drove the model they ordered before they ordered it?

Look at the grind Ford is making potential buyers go through to get the GTD. How many of these people had a chance to “test” drive it?

If you’re a buyer that insists on a “test” drive, just be aware that there is also a buyer that doesn't. A considerate dealer has absolutely nothing to worry about. 😏
Neither a GT nor a Dark Horse are in the same building, let alone the same class, as a $300K+ GTD.

ShelbyMilk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 DH
Roadpilot

I dont believe you hurt anyone's feelings. Many of your posts are based assumptions and not fact.

ZBOBMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Sorry I hurt your feelings, zSOBman.
Wow I clearly spelled out that my bulbous hands hit the wrong key while quickly typing . I apologized. By the way, I can at least give credit where credit is due. Great job on the wheel well hole investigation. I think we all have a better understanding. Keep up the good work.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roadpilot

I dont believe you hurt anyone's feelings. Many of your posts are based assumptions and not fact.
The vast majority of my posts are either opinion (which, by definition, are neither right or wrong) and posts based on facts. Let me hightlight the main message from many of my last ~300 posts:

Post that are opinions:
  • That shift knob looks stupid
  • My opinion why it's stupid for a car salesman to not allow a test drive before expecting someone to buy a vehicle
  • Loading up the car from the factory will expensive options is cost prohibitive for most Mustang buyers
  • Opening your hood while the windshield wipers are up is a dumb decision
  • It's a good idea to learn how to drive a manual transmission car, even if you don't own one.
  • Strip lights under the hood look silly
  • Expecting Ford to fulfill every single DH order before sending a single DH overseas is an unreasonable expectation
  • H-Pipe sounds throatier than the X-pipe on the 2024 V8 Mustang (could be a fact)
  • The screen protector for the base model DH fits the right hand screen on the Premium, and it looks pretty good

Post based on facts:
  • Detailed responses from the engineers at Ford about the hole in the wheel well liner are accurate (right from the engineers themselves), and the hole can be safely closed off.
  • Pressing the voice button on the steering wheel will let you send commands to the Ford Assistant, while pressing and holding it (until it beeps) lets you send commands to Siri via CarPlay or Google Assistant via Android Auto.
  • Detailed instructions on how to set radio presets were posted.
  • List of the items and process I use to wash and dry my car, and they work great based on my results
  • Don't use engine additives, as the manufacturer explicitly tells you to not use them in the owner's manual
  • Half a millimeter offset difference between a spare and regular wheel will not make a difference in performance so long as all the other measurements are the same
  • FRAP will be down one week in May and the first two weeks In July
  • If you are regularly putting on and taking off a car cover with a dirty car, you will scratch the surfaces
  • The S650 is not yet tuneable (aftermarket) like the S550 is.
  • I'm costing @RLE55 a lot of money by posting all the accessories I find
  • A front facing camera is not mandated by the government like the rear backup camera is
  • The more Ford adds to the Mustang as OEM standard features, the higher the price will be, which will mean some buyers won't be able to afford a Mustang
  • Changing your oil when it's still got thousands of miles left wastes money
  • You can't control the OTA process for having updates sent to your vehicle.
  • There is no such thing as a 2024 1/2 Mustang.

I'll wait for you to post examples of my posts that are based on assumptions. I'll even start the list:

Post based on assumptions:

@ShelbyMilk states many of my posts are based assumptions and not fact because he doesn't know the difference between facts, assumptions, and opinions.

P.S. - My forum 'reaction score' seems to indicate that other members like or find my posts helpful or useful. I doubt I'd have such a high score if "Many of (my) posts (were) based assumptions and not fact."

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
The vast majority of my posts are either opinion (which, by definition, are neither right or wrong) and posts based on facts. Let me hightlight the main message from many of my last ~300 posts:

Post that are opinions:
  • That shift knob looks stupid
  • My opinion why it's stupid for a car salesman to not allow a test drive before expecting someone to buy a vehicle
  • Loading up the car from the factory will expensive options is cost prohibitive for most Mustang buyers
  • Opening your hood while the windshield wipers are up is a dumb decision
  • It's a good idea to learn how to drive a manual transmission car, even if you don't own one.
  • Strip lights under the hood look silly
  • Expecting Ford to fulfill every single DH order before sending a single DH overseas is an unreasonable expectation
  • H-Pipe sounds throatier than the X-pipe on the 2024 V8 Mustang (could be a fact)
  • The screen protector for the base model DH fits the right hand screen on the Premium, and it looks pretty good

Post based on facts:
  • Detailed responses from the engineers at Ford about the hole in the wheel well liner are accurate (right from the engineers themselves), and the hole can be safely closed off.
  • Pressing the voice button on the steering wheel will let you send commands to the Ford Assistant, while pressing and holding it (until it beeps) lets you send commands to Siri via CarPlay or Google Assistant via Android Auto.
  • Detailed instructions on how to set radio presets were posted.
  • List of the items and process I use to wash and dry my car, and they work great based on my results
  • Don't use engine additives, as the manufacturer explicitly tells you to not use them in the owner's manual
  • Half a millimeter offset difference between a spare and regular wheel will not make a difference in performance so long as all the other measurements are the same
  • FRAP will be down one week in May and the first two weeks In July
  • If you are regularly putting on and taking off a car cover with a dirty car, you will scratch the surfaces
  • The S650 is not yet tuneable (aftermarket) like the S550 is.
  • I'm costing @RLE55 a lot of money by posting all the accessories I find
  • A front facing camera is not mandated by the government like the rear backup camera is
  • The more Ford adds to the Mustang as OEM standard features, the higher the price will be, which will mean some buyers won't be able to afford a Mustang
  • Changing your oil when it's still got thousands of miles left wastes money
  • You can't control the OTA process for having updates sent to your vehicle.
  • There is no such thing as a 2024 1/2 Mustang.

I'll wait for you to post examples of my posts that are based on assumptions. I'll even start the list:

Post based on assumptions:

@ShelbyMilk states many of my posts are based assumptions and not fact because he doesn't know the difference between facts, assumptions, and opinions.

P.S. - My forum 'reaction score' seems to indicate that other members like or find my posts helpful or useful. I doubt I'd have such a high score if "Many of (my) posts (were) based assumptions and not fact."
I can assume shots are in order

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can assume shots are in order
I prefer scotch and (Irish) whiskey (Islay and Highland are where most of my favs come from), which of course are meant to be sipped and enjoyed. I leave the shots to those who have livers that have not been punished as much as mine ... :crackup:

DrkHrs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
My dealer didn't allow test drives on the DH either. They had a fully loaded demo GT that they were letting prospective buyers take out instead to get the feel of the S650. Seemed like a reasonable compromise as they don't want km on the odometer of the DH.

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
Hey guys,

I built my dark horse online about 100x.. and decided to goto a dealer that has 1 in stock locally, it's black, everything which I'm not a huge fan of, even black calipers... but decide to just go and look at it. Ya never know.. maybe go home w it afterwards instead of waiting 9 months to be built... I really want Atlas Blue metallic, premium package, non HP package, 10 speed and blue calipers, this is my vision!!!
So I get to dealer and want to look at stang, and really want to test drive it to see how it feels, especially the recaros which I hate.. but I'm open minded lol. I ask salesman for test drive and he flat out refuses, goes on about some dealership policy...
I have never had any ford dealer refuse me a test drive on mustangs before. I've test driven GT500s and my Roush stage 3 car before i bought, Mach Ones and even my Raptor before i bought... I even driven the Raptor R..
So I explain to him that I am not willing to drop $70Gs on a visual only, I need to drive the car, maybe just go around the block, not a 5 mile test drive. He blatantly tells me No... I respectfully walk away and tell him forget it, done deal...
Has anyone ever had a Ford dealer refuse a test drive before? I mean I drove up in my new F150 Raptor and stated numerous times that I have a sincere interest in there DH and def not a tire kicker.. I'm shocked... saddened actually.

Anthony
Yup!!! That's exactly the bullshi$$ he wrote me in an email, then i then went anyway to test drive. I am going to call ford corporate and complain on the dealership. Not sure if it will matter.
He seen you drive in with a new Raptor Truck. His first thought I would think why are you not at the dealer where you got the truck?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealer didn't allow test drives on the DH either. They had a fully loaded demo GT that they were letting prospective buyers take out instead to get the feel of the S650. Seemed like a reasonable compromise as they don't want km on the odometer of the DH.
I could accept that as a viable option for a test drive before buying a DH. A fully loaded GT will give you pretty much the same experience if you're simply doing a test drive.

Funny story: Many, many moons ago, I was shopping for a new '86 Camaro Z28. The salesman said, "Just drive this car over here, they are pretty much the same except this one has a V6 instead of the V8." He also wanted me to drive a Cavalier Z24 and consider it very similar to the Z28! :cwl:

I'm pretty sure that was the first time I told a salesman to pound sand and walked out.
Sponsored