Cobra Jet II Vacuum Leak

glockholiday

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Most flammable vapors will work, yes TB cleaner, carb cleaner, brake cleaner. Starting fluid is the best though, more of a mist than high speed droplets.
Sponsored

Ransom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT, 09 Challenger Srt8
Did you get this figured out?

OP
OP
SlowyoteJay

SlowyoteJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Non-PP
Did you get this figured out?
Not yet. I just reinstalled the cobra jet to triple checked everything was torqued to spec, checked all injectors, hoses and clamps again. I’m 90% sure it’s the pcv valve on the air intake since that’s the last thing for me to check that is different on the car. I ordered a new one that will come in tomorrow and I’m going to run it without drilling the hole for the valve and just run a pcv breather on the driver’s side.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I’m going to run it without drilling the hole for the valve and just run a pcv breather on the driver’s side.
If you do this you need to run a breather on the passenger side as well or you will have a intake air leak. The stock PCV system uses MAF metered air into the driver side valve cover and runs it through the crank case and it exits the passenger side through the PCV valve and goes into the intake manifold. If you take the driver side air from a breather it is not metered and will show as a lean condition or an air leak.

Sponsored

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
@SlowyoteJay can you snap some photos of the fitment on the hood? I'm curious if you'd be able to trim hood supports to make it fit even better.

Thanks for being one of the first to take on this modification.

What throttle body did you select? It looks like a VMP.

OP
OP
SlowyoteJay

SlowyoteJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
@SlowyoteJay can you snap some photos of the fitment on the hood? I'm curious if you'd be able to trim hood supports to make it fit even better.

Thanks for being one of the first to take on this modification.

What throttle body did you select? It looks like a VMP.
6D9B44DB-4F2F-4969-A7CF-21F7426EB630.jpeg

it only touches at those 2 points but again the hood is able to fully close. I went with the VMP Twinjet 69 for my model year (2019)

OP
OP
SlowyoteJay

SlowyoteJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Are you sure this isn't a tune issue?
It was the pcv valve on the air intake. The hole I made for the valve was a centimeter too big so it wasn’t tight enough to keep it seated properly

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I saw a youtuber installing a previous generation CJI and they trimmed the bracing around that spot on the hood (they didn't pin point it like you did, thank you) and than reinstalled the hood insulation to cover it up.

Did you end up waiting for the M-9444-M50B install kit?

OP
OP
SlowyoteJay

SlowyoteJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I saw a youtuber installing a previous generation CJI and they trimmed the bracing around that spot on the hood (they didn't pin point it like you did, thank you) and than reinstalled the hood insulation to cover it up.

No I cancelled that. I’ll take pictures of the engine bay when I can and explain what I did. I had help from cordrey_10r80 on instagram

Sponsored
OP
OP
SlowyoteJay

SlowyoteJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)

CC860BF5-B22C-4B1E-A5C2-52B2DD8F5B34.jpeg

I just went to autozone and bought 3/8 emissions hose to run the brake booster to the drivers side port on the manifold. Deleted the purge valve. Got some breathers from autozone and made it to fit on the pcv on both sides of the engine. Blocked off the pcv port on the passenger side of the manifold.
In regards to the fuel rail fitting the manifold, you don’t need to cut anything. It fits perfectly fine. You just have to mess with it a little.

RoushSTG2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sterling
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Mustang Stage 2
CC860BF5-B22C-4B1E-A5C2-52B2DD8F5B34.jpeg

I just went to autozone and bought 3/8 emissions hose to run the brake booster to the drivers side port on the manifold. Deleted the purge valve. Got some breathers from autozone and made it to fit on the pcv on both sides of the engine. Blocked off the pcv port on the passenger side of the manifold.
In regards to the fuel rail fitting the manifold, you don’t need to cut anything. It fits perfectly fine. You just have to mess with it a little.
Bringing back this thread. I have a manual 15 GT with a V2 Cobra Jet mani. I have three ports total as shown in this picture, one on the passenger front of the manifold that my catch can is connected to, and two on the drivers side. One is at the front of the manifold and one at the rear, again as shown in this picture. I’m trying to keep my evap system due to runners no longer disabling evap codes (thanks EPA.) Wondering what line goes into what port. Evap in the front on the drivers side and line from the brake brake booster in the rear or vice-versa? Can’t find any gen 2 coyotes with the Cobra Jet v2 installed, only with the first gen Cobra jet which has two ports on the drivers side, both at the front of the manifold. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
SlowyoteJay

SlowyoteJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Bringing back this thread. I have a manual 15 GT with a V2 Cobra Jet mani. I have three ports total as shown in this picture, one on the passenger front of the manifold that my catch can is connected to, and two on the drivers side. One is at the front of the manifold and one at the rear, again as shown in this picture. I’m trying to keep my evap system due to runners no longer disabling evap codes (thanks EPA.) Wondering what line goes into what port. Evap in the front on the drivers side and line from the brake brake booster in the rear or vice-versa? Can’t find any gen 2 coyotes with the Cobra Jet v2 installed, only with the first gen Cobra jet which has two ports on the drivers side, both at the front of the manifold. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Evap connects to rear drivers side port, brake booster connects to front drivers side port. I had to fabricate the connections. My engine bay is a little messy since I had the car in the shop due to some ECU issues and haven't had time to clean it up.

RoushSTG2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sterling
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Mustang Stage 2
Evap connects to rear drivers side port, brake booster connects to front drivers side port. I had to fabricate the connections. My engine bay is a little messy since I had the car in the shop due to some ECU issues and haven't had time to clean it up.
Perfect thank you!