Sponsored

Are the bulitts out already?

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
As I was walking to work the other day I heard a beastly car. When I looked up it was a badgeless 2018 (had to be a gt given the exhaust note) St first I thought it was black but it was a dark green and had a large round badge on the decklid. I'm assuming it was a bullitt as the 18s don't have a dark green like that. Whatever it was it looked and sounded amaaaaaaazing
Sponsored

Litenin75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT/CS
Sure it was an '18? Could have been a Guard colored Cali special.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
There are a couple test cars around. May have been one.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
It was probably just a regular '18 Stang, painted green, with some funny badges, and the active valve performance exhaust.

Oh wait, maybe it was a Bullitt! ;)

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
As I was walking to work the other day I heard a beastly car. When I looked up it was a badgeless 2018 (had to be a gt given the exhaust note) St first I thought it was black but it was a dark green and had a large round badge on the decklid. I'm assuming it was a bullitt as the 18s don't have a dark green like that. Whatever it was it looked and sounded amaaaaaaazing
What area was this in? I know of one early prototype out driving around, made an appearance at car shows in Michigan. It wouldn't surprise me if there's another Ford employee in one of these out in California. Glad to hear it sounded so good!

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
Look for a Michigan license plate with an M in the center. That would make it a factory plate for a test car or pre-production prototype. Possibly even a magazine test car.
Otherwise, no.

youra6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Evo VIII RS, 2018 Mustang GT
How similar would a GT with PP2 be compared to a Bulitt performance wise? Me thinks the difference would be minimal.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
How similar would a GT with PP2 be compared to a Bulitt performance wise? Me thinks the difference would be minimal.
The Bullitt is basically a PP1 with 15 more horsepower as far as mechanical stuff goes. So it's as different as a PP1 is from PP2. PP2 will handle much better and very differently with such wider and stickier tires.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
PP2 is a PP1 with GT350 underpinnings, and wider wheel/tire package.

The Bullitt is a PP1 with power increase and raised redline

THe PP2 will handle better, the Bullitt should have a better top end. If assuming the same tires the Bullitt should have an edge in the 1/4 mile. The Cup2 may let the PP2 have a better launch vs the Super Sports on the Bullitt.

To me the Bullitt with PP2 would be a "poor mans" GT350, but even then it would just be a couple K cheaper than the GT350.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Sure it was an '18? Could have been a Guard colored Cali special.
I'm 100% it was an 18. Also it was not guard green. I loved guard and almost got my gt in that color. This green was deeper yet shinier in the light.

It was in San Francisco. They do a lot of car testing out here. I usually see camouflage cars a couple times a week. But this was raw no camo or anything. Also the exhaust note was deep. I have Corsa sport on my 16 gt and to be honest whatever this car was sounded much deeper and dare I say better.

Wish I was alert enough to grab a picture or video for you all

Last edited:

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
PP2 is a PP1 with GT350 underpinnings, and wider wheel/tire package.

The Bullitt is a PP1 with power increase and raised redline

THe PP2 will handle better, the Bullitt should have a better top end. If assuming the same tires the Bullitt should have an edge in the 1/4 mile. The Cup2 may let the PP2 have a better launch vs the Super Sports on the Bullitt.

To me the Bullitt with PP2 would be a "poor mans" GT350, but even then it would just be a couple K cheaper than the GT350.
Which underpinnings would those be with the exception of magnaride? I'm surprised they didn't put coolers in for the PP2.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Which underpinnings would those be with the exception of magnaride? I'm surprised they didn't put coolers in for the PP2.
Springs, struts and swaybars. I believe the biggest difference is lack of coolers and the control arms.
Sponsored

Reactions: TDC