Sponsored

Anyone have insider info re: Long block

PRED8RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2020GT,86 coupe,91 GT, 89 Coupe, 07 R1
so I’m in need of a longblock from ford after dropping a valve. There are zero available and no date in sight.
Does anyone have info on what plant and when production may start or typically start for the 5.2 long block?

Thanks
Sponsored

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
Getting the ear of the right person really helped expedite both my situations of being delayed.
Needing a new LB for my Bullitt, & getting my GT500 built, that was clearly held up while others were getting VINs, & build done, in '22.

It can make people not really like you though, in the process. 🤷‍♂️. Nobody likes the squeaky wheel.

If there are no longblocks available at all, then how are they building truck engines. I understand they are not identical engines.
Yet... What is the difference between the truck & car 5.2L blower eng exactly? Besides the tune/hp/Torque.. I haven't looked into that myself. Perhaps cams? IDK..

I realize they are different engs, but at the core of hardparts, the same. They either had to build shelf inventory for Shelby's at end/after '22, or plan to use the new Raptor engine line to build replacements at some point. They offer complete turn key engines in the FP catalog for GT500 Shelby's. So its got to be a solvable problem.

The Romeo plant was where they shut down the Shelby eng building after the last '22 GT500's were built, as you well know.
Gotta be wherever the Raptor mills are built, if no L/B inventory is on shelf.

Sorry I cannot answer your question, but I may have an Emal contact that might help, if your interested?

Its not the exact person who helped me on either situations, but a person who later reached out & said if I needed resolution on a warranty issue, to email them. I may still have their address. No sure. G/L

OP
OP
PRED8RR

PRED8RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Getting the ear of the right person really helped expedite both my situations of being delayed.
Needing a new LB for my Bullitt, & getting my GT500 built, that was clearly held up while others were getting VINs, & build done, in '22.

It can make people not really like you though, in the process. 🤷‍♂️. Nobody likes the squeaky wheel.

If there are no longblocks available at all, then how are they building truck engines. I understand they are not identical engines.
Yet... What is the difference between the truck & car 5.2L blower eng exactly? Besides the tune/hp/Torque.. I haven't looked into that myself. Perhaps cams? IDK..

I realize they are different engs, but at the core of hardparts, the same. They either had to build shelf inventory for Shelby's at end/after '22, or plan to use the new Raptor engine line to build replacements at some point. They offer complete turn key engines in the FP catalog for GT500 Shelby's. So its got to be a solvable problem.

The Romeo plant was where they shut down the Shelby eng building after the last '22 GT500's were built, as you well know.
Gotta be wherever the Raptor mills are built, if no L/B inventory is on shelf.

Sorry I cannot answer your question, but I may have an Emal contact that might help, if your interested?

Its not the exact person who helped me on either situations, but a person who later reached out & said if I needed resolution on a warranty issue, to email them. I may still have their address. No sure. G/L
Yes I can’t figure it out either. Truck engines, GTD production starting soon. It’s been 6 months of this game.

I’d really appreciate the email address if you don’t mind

Much appreciated

Sponsored

OP
OP
PRED8RR

PRED8RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We moved the 5.2 line from Romeo Mi to Cleveland Engine a year or so ago.
Thank you, my ford rep and someone in Fords social media did not know this when I asked where it was moved.

Are they currently producing any ford performance 5.2L’s?

OP
OP
PRED8RR

PRED8RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No sir. Never heard back. But I took initiative and emailed FP division which they forwarded the email to warranty division. But haven’t heard anything since then.
Sponsored