AC stretch belt install

Birrdd_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt
Just replaced my ac compressor for the first time in 76k miles on 15 s550gt. I couldnt slip off the belt so I ended cutting it off. Here's the issue. How do I install the new belt ?
Sponsored

Bitten in '69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 03 Cobra, 90 GT, 82 GT
There is a tool that you can buy. It sits between the pulley and the belt. Then you use a wrench to rotate the pulley and pop the belt on.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Birrdd_

Birrdd_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt
Thank you for suggestions. I didn't have the tool used to easily get the belt on however I did slide it on from the back and with 10 zip tie attempts I was able to get it on.

CrackedHorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mustang GT/CS; 15 Mustang GT
I had to slide my belt behind the crank pulley to give me enough slack to then put the belt on the AC compressor.

I then got the belt started on the crank pulley and zip tied it. Then I rotated the crank by hand and the belt pulled itself onto the crank pulley.

I hate stretch belts. Lol

ninjacoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
I had to slide my belt behind the crank pulley to give me enough slack to then put the belt on the AC compressor.

I then got the belt started on the crank pulley and zip tied it. Then I rotated the crank by hand and the belt pulled itself onto the crank pulley.

I hate stretch belts. Lol
This is exactly how I do it and it works without issue. Stupid design and definitely agree on the hate here 😂

OP
OP
Birrdd_

Birrdd_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt
This is exactly how I do it and it works without issue. Stupid design and definitely agree on the hate here 😂
This is my first time ever changing the compressor and belts myself so I experienced quite a bit of difficulty.