• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

400A vs 401A

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
For $4520 extra, you get:
  • 19" wheels with Pirelli tires
  • Leather-trim, climate-controlled seats
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Premium interior trim with aluminum pedals
  • Unified dual-screen dash
I personally think that's worth it.
I'm just mixed on Space Grey in leather (I prefer it in the 301A package on the standard GT, where it consistently looks like a cool grey cloth versus off-white with the leather in the sun), and I've yet to see Navy Pier in person which is exclusive to the California Special. Otherwise, all I need is the 10-speed, 3.55 gears, active exhaust, and spare tire. California Special would just be an exterior/interior appearance package for me, nice but not necessary.

I'm still a while away from getting a GT though, and I'm in no rush to get one at this point.
Sponsored

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
With 401A you also get blinkers on your side mirrors.

With 401A the dash and on other parts of the car have a soft touch instead of the 400A that has a hard plastic material all over and feels like a rental car.

With the 401A the ambiant lighting is complete with the door scuff plate that illuminates too, where the 400A doesn't have that.

Than you will also get:
- the 12 speaker set instead of 9
- adaptive cruise control
- lane assist
- lane departure warning and blind spot assist
- pre collision assist warning
- speed sign recognition

So the 401A is more than worth it's money over the 400A.

Radiant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ecoboost Convertible (ordered), '18 Ecoboost
So the 401A is more than worth it's money over the 400A.
The only time I wouldn't order the High Premium package is if you want the Emberglo interior (not available in combination). You can still get the Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist+ package if you want the adaptive cruise control and the B&O sound system with Emberglo.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 4x4 Limited. 2024 GT Mustang Premium
In Canada you get these features. I think its worth it, I plan on keeping the car long term and the tech is nice. The premier trim with the Red interior is beautiful, with the red stiching in different areas. The door inserts and seats looks great. Mirror turn signals a plus

GT Premium High 401A $3000
  • Includes all GT Features, Plus:
    • B&O® Sound System by Bang & Olufsen®
    • Illuminated Door-sill Scuff Plates
    • Premier Trim with Colour Accent Group
    • Security Package
    • Ford Co-Pilot 360™ Assist+

• Memory Driver Seat and Exterior Mirrors with Integrated Turn Signal Indicators

vehicle.jpeg

vehicle (1).jpeg
You also get the heated steering wheel and heated & cooled seats.
Nice addition for Colorado weather
The one piece information screen đź“ş.
I believe there are more features.
I went with the 401A.

R3tro GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I'm just mixed on Space Grey in leather (I prefer it in the 301A package on the standard GT, where it consistently looks like a cool grey cloth versus off-white with the leather in the sun), and I've yet to see Navy Pier in person which is exclusive to the California Special. Otherwise, all I need is the 10-speed, 3.55 gears, active exhaust, and spare tire. California Special would just be an exterior/interior appearance package for me, nice but not necessary.

I'm still a while away from getting a GT though, and I'm in no rush to get one at this point.
I was unsure on the Space Grey from pictures, but once I saw it in person I liked it.

S650 Mustang 400A vs 401A 20240318_160437

McSmugger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I have the 400A. I optioned on the CoPilot 360+ that gets you 90% of the features of the 401A for less money. The only thing I didn't get by doing that is the color accented stitching or the 5 piece steering wheel. I have everything else, including heated/cooled seats, heated wheel, 1 piece screen, B&O, etc. and I was able to save a little bit of money too

Donj02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The Co-Pilot 360+ is hard to live without once you get used to using it. The only thing I wish the Mustang 401a had that my Explorer ST had and F-150 has is the 360 degree camera.

onaccountof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
- 2024 Dark Horse -
I have the 400A. I optioned on the CoPilot 360+ that gets you 90% of the features of the 401A for less money. The only thing I didn't get by doing that is the color accented stitching or the 5 piece steering wheel. I have everything else, including heated/cooled seats, heated wheel, 1 piece screen, B&O, etc. and I was able to save a little bit of money too
The 401a also comes with the Active Anti-Theft System, which is good to have. It also comes with the Power Driver Seat with 3 memory settings and the integrated turn signals, also nice.
IMO the 401A package is a good deal.

OP
OP
MarkS650GT10

MarkS650GT10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT 10 Speed Grabber Blue
This is me but with 301A/400A. My hangups are if I want separate or united screens, and if I want the California Special package or not. I'm also curious what colors will be available for the '25/'26 model years (currently set on Oxford White).
yeah i would consider a 301A also but like the one piece screen better, i thought i read somewhere that the aftermarket (CJ Pony Parts i think) was going to make a piece that would connect the 301A two screens and make it look like a 1 piece screen. have you heard anything about that?

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
yeah i would consider a 301A also but like the one piece screen better, i thought i read somewhere that the aftermarket (CJ Pony Parts i think) was going to make a piece that would connect the 301A two screens and make it look like a 1 piece screen. have you heard anything about that?
That's the first time I've heard about that piece. I'm still waiting for them to drop info on upcoming colors, if any, for 2025 and beyond. They're usually the first to report them from my experience.

OP
OP
MarkS650GT10

MarkS650GT10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yeah read it somewhere on here yesterday i think, they would sell a lot of them if they made them. the screens are the same as the premium just 2 pieces. should have info on the 25's in a couple months. was just looking at the interior on a 301A online and looks pretty nice, upgraded power seats, nicer stereo, etc. i may be considering that trim more also. always had cloth in my mustangs in past, never bothered me. & if you were looking at colors check out the silver, shelby released those new supersnake photos of a silver one yesterday on FB, looks really good.
That's the first time I've heard about that piece. I'm still waiting for them to drop info on upcoming colors, if any, for 2025 and beyond. They're usually the first to report them from my experience.

OP
OP
MarkS650GT10

MarkS650GT10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yeah i just checked that on the ford website, it is like $1095 to add the B&O, does seem like a smart move compared to the $2900 for 401A. do you like how the B&O sounds, worth it?

OP
OP
MarkS650GT10

MarkS650GT10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
did some calculations on ford website and once you add the 301A for $2K you are about $2.5K away from a 400A so the 400A is probably a better deal for the money. can also add on the B&O for $1K more.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
If you get the PP you get the stiched center console like the 401A package. Other than that the B&O system I don't really have to have as I barely listened to the stereo in my S550 and the other items just didn't seem worth it to me.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
The hard plastic trim pieces are reason enough to stay away from the 400A.
Sponsored