3rd Times a Charm

Jxp1962

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Ive had countless camaros and firebirds over the years, but not so many mustangs…
I had a 2005 gt that was awesome… traded it in on a 2012 challenger rt. Although i loved the chally, driving it as compared to the GT was a little disappointing. Sound, performance and drivability, i felt the chally was not up to the GT. A few years later, i got a 2017 ecoboost pp and this car was great! Looked awesome, handled fantastic, the twin turbo was quick and super fuel efficient, but every time i started it, i missed that 8 cylinder rumble….
Finally a month ago i traded it in on a leftover 2022 GT.
Which is soon if not already, my favorite car…..

i just had the front end wrapped, tinted the windows and ceramic coated the car….

firstly, it is black and gets dirty as soon as its washed, that said, as my DD car, i am learning to let that go, and accept that it WILL be dirty most times.. still, the active exhaust just rumbles, pound for pound, or dollar for dollar, imo nothing can beat the GT rumble…..

3rd mustang and this one is a keeper!

IMG_6457.jpeg

IMG_6367.jpeg

IMG_6365.jpeg

IMG_8931.jpeg
Sponsored

RoGCobraRV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Glad you're enjoying it!

I'm on my 7th and unfortunately it's not the charm for me. I enjoy it for sure but #6, the 07 GT500 was the charm that I had to sell due to family stuff. I'm casually looking for #8,yep another shelby!

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Glad you are liking your new car. Since this will be your daily what mods are you thinking on doing?

OP
OP
Jxp1962

Jxp1962

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I was thinking of adding a CAI but not much else, maybe that Audi screen that blocks wind when the top is down, but so far it does not bother me much so maybe not even that.
Glad you are liking your new car. Since this will be your daily what mods are you thinking on doing?

I do kind of wish there was a way to set it so that the active exhaust defaults to track mode so i dont have to change it every time it starts up….

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Lighting XLT, ‘21 Expedition, ‘22 Mach 1
I do kind of wish there was a way to set it so that the active exhaust defaults to track mode so i dont have to change it every time it starts up….
I find it funny that the heated/cooled seats and steering wheel will stay on after turning the car, the steering mode stays to the last setting after turning it off, but my mode or exhaust setting has to be reset every time LOL

Glad you like it, it looks great! The 20s are one of my favorite wheel designs.

Keithfro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking of adding a CAI but not much else, maybe that Audi screen that blocks wind when the top is down, but so far it does not bother me much so maybe not even that.

I do not have active exhaust on my vert but do have the Mods4cars smart top module which remembers which mode I had selected from my last drive and automatically switches it when the car is started. I wonder if that would automatically do your exhaust for you too? I don’t see why it wouldn’t. I highly recommend it anyway just for using the top (no holding the button up or down and allows to put top up or down when slowly moving which I use more often than not) and think I paid like 80$ from someone on this forum.
Sponsored