OP

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester & Subaru Ascent
What time of year does Toyota typically announce the changes for a new MY? I know different manufacturers have sightly different timelines on this?

I'm guessing they change the assembly line over in like October/november?
I'm not too familiar with Toyota, but from what I've seen with other manufactures it does not have a consistent time anymore. Basically whenever fits their needs.

For this I expect it to be a somewhat late announcement. Late summer at the earliest. More realistically Octoberish with dealer shipments arriving before the end of the year. So I agree with your assessment.

OP
OP

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A locking gas cap would be nice.
Many newer vehicles lock the gas door automatically when you lock the car now adays. That pretty much negates the need for a locking gas cap.

OP
OP

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It has everything to do with it! Have you not realized that this is a Toyota Pick-Up and not a luxury car? Sure, those upgrades are so cool! But Damn! This will drive the pricing up even more. I know he worked his ass off for that third garage and Iā€™m not knocking being in a position to afford those things,, but heā€™s listing off items that are not required to live, luxury items! The mirrors on the taco fold manually, why not just reach the f out and fold them yourself if itā€™s too tight in your itty bitty third garage bay. Itā€™s Daniel by the way
Some people want a pickup and want it to have nice features. Most of what I'm mentioning is not even luxury anymore. All but the lowest segment vehicles have memory seats on the top trim. Also, how is "rear vents" luxury. After that, notice that literally everything else I listed is in the "nice to have" category.

Second, they don't make luxury trucks. If they did I might consider one.

Third, these features I'm talking about are basically top trims only. You don't want them, more power to you. Buy the SR or SR5. The stuff I'm talking about won't do jack squat to affect the cost of it.

Last edited:

JustAnotherDingus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon (for now!)
I think I'm most dismayed about the fuel tank capacity reduction.
Sameeeeeee

If youā€™re not in CA you will likely be able to upgrade to something like a long range America tank if youā€™d like sometime over the next near I suspect. I actually sent them a note asking if theyā€™d consider running the certifications to be sold in CA in the future but havenā€™t heard back yet. Theyā€™re pretty dang spendy though and not the right move for everyone.

I keep wondering if someone will try and stuff a tundra fuel tank under there and see if it fits tbh.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Iā€™ve deposited for a ā€˜24 last summer of ā€˜23 and donā€™t have an allocation yet. Approaching Q3 of ā€˜24, if I donā€™t take delivery until the end of Q3/Q4 my ā€˜24 is not a ā€˜24. Itā€™s a ā€˜25. So whatā€™s on my wish list next year? - my promised ā€˜24 which is actually a ā€˜25 apparently damnit.

OP
OP

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I was thinking about this a bit more and what a realistic prediction might be. I do think will there will be some changes, but obviously not everything I mentioned. Toyota will want to slow play some things to have something every year. Let's look at the Tundra 2023 and 2024 changes:
    • Added SX Package for SR5 Trim - Black out package
    • Nightshade Package for Limited - Black out package
    • Factory 3" Lift option
    • TRD Off-Road Packages available on Platinum
This gives us a bit of an indication of what might be coming. Unlike the Tacoma, the Tundra does not have many interior features that are not available in some way, so those don't really correlate, but the appearance and off-road package changes do. Considering all this, here are my predictions for 2025:

• Memory Seats added to Limited, Off-Road (Package), Trailhunter, and Pro - I've got bias here, but I do think this was a glaring omission that will likely be rectified.
  • Nightshade Package for Limited - A blackout package somewhere feels like a safe bet. It could be to a lower trim, but I'm thinking the limited as there is no Platinum trim which would already have a blackout design.
  • Full-Time 4WD on Limited non-hybrid - Just a feeling here. It is already that way on the new 4Runner. Also, it feels strange that the Hybrid limited is the only path for FT 4WD on the Tacoma. However, this still seems less likely than the two above to me.
  • MAYBE one more small feature - Rear seat air vents and arm rest feels possible, but not super likely. They would probably go together to replace the lost cupholders.
Sponsored