Sponsored

2024 Tacoma Bed Cover - best recommendations for 6 ft bed?

Tmolema

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 VW GTI
Anyone have any Tacoma bed cover to recommend for a 2024 TRD Sport 6ft box?

Was wanting to use the Bak Flip MX4 but not sure if they offer it yet.

If anyone has any suggestions and they could send them over. That would be greatly appreciated!

(Preferably Tri Fold) and if possible. Compatible with a Bed rack
Sponsored

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
I’m probably going with the extang 2.0 so I can fully utilize the bed rails. The MX4 lowers the bed rails and inch or so. I want to buy the Toyota OEM cargo divider. I don’t think it would work with the MX4.

Jasperzdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Macan GTS , Tacoma TRD Sport Premium
I ordered the OEM one that is now on the Toyota.ca site. Will post here when it's delivered and installed.

Rover Rover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
I read somewhere that the new OEM covers for the new gen tundra and taco are essentially rebranded MX4 (which checks out if you look up the Tundra install videos), which would be nice as my local dealers sell the OEM for around $1k. I actually just received an email that my OEM 6ft cover is ready (took about 8 days to arrive), so if I can find some time to install it, I'll post some photos.

Rover Rover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Looking at the OEM trifold cover from this thread: https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/thre...er-pt954-35240-installed-on-2024-tacoma.4312/

It looks like the OEM does not re-locate the bed rails like the MX4 does. So something to consider if you like the OEM bed accessories like the divider.
It's hard to tell from those photos, but the new Tundra covers which look very similar, do indeed lower the rails. Definitely the main drawback of these low-profile style covers.

TacoTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
I stand corrected. The OP replied to my question on this in the thread and verified that the bed rails are relocated down for OEM just like the BAK Flip mx4.

Rover Rover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Just installed the cover, works great, only a few minor differences when following the Tundra install videos. I would check around the prices of your local dealer to order for pickup, I was able to get my OEM/MX4 6ft for $1050. The part number is PT954-35241