Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
Don't know anything about that.
This is from a sticky on Mustang Buying Basics. What is a DORA? Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgment. You should have gotten one of these from your dealership at the time of ordering. This will contain your order number and the dealership number. I didn't get one either.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Oh yeah I got that right away. Same day I ordered.

Sponsored

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
So that was the next business day that you got your VIN... supposedly they ordered mine today at noon so if I don’t get a VIN email in a day or two I’ll be ticked.
Yes, ordered on a Saturday and got the email with the Vin on Monday.

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
Could you post that phone number? I just talked with the sales manager and he said it takes a week or two to get build info. He also said the number on my preview order is my order number. I'm confused! Is your order number the same number as your preview order code?
Yes it is

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
OK it's Tuesday at 5PM... I left the dealer last Friday thinking my car was ordered. Called and texted and finally was told that it was actually submitted to Ford yesterday at noon. Still no email from Ford with a VIN like many people have gotten the next day. Called Ford just now and they said yes, the order number on my "preview order" printout becomes the real order number, but it is still just showing in their system as "in process" with no idea when I'll get a VIN, and suggested that I call my dealer about it. Told them I'm calling you because I'm checking up on the dealer! This is so frustrating and hopefully I'm making a big deal about nothing but an earlier post said they thought it was ordered for 6 weeks before finding out it wasn't and it's freaking me out.

But I did just read this on the buying basics sticky: Typically all cars will get scheduled on Thursday. This includes VINs and build dates.

And this from a member who ordered last summer:
Order placed: 6/26/2020, priority code 9
VIN received: 7/14/2020
Window sticker received: 7/14/2020
Blend date: 7/22/2020

Last edited:

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
OK it's Tuesday at 5PM... I left the dealer last Friday thinking my car was ordered. Called and texted and finally was told that it was actually submitted to Ford yesterday at noon. Still no email from Ford with a VIN like many people have gotten the next day. Called Ford just now and they said yes, the order number on my "preview order" printout becomes the real order number, but it is still just showing in their system as "in process" with no idea when I'll get a VIN, and suggested that I call my dealer about it. Told them I'm calling you because I'm checking up on the dealer! This is so frustrating and hopefully I'm making a big deal about nothing but an earlier post said they thought it was ordered for 6 weeks before finding out it wasn't and it's freaking me out.

But I did just read this on the buying basics sticky: Typically all cars will get scheduled on Thursday. This includes VINs and build dates.

And this from a member who ordered last summer:
Order placed: 6/26/2020, priority code 9
VIN received: 7/14/2020
Window sticker received: 7/14/2020
Blend date: 7/22/2020
Placed an order 2/14/2021.
Waited 5 weeks never got any email from Ford.
Contacted dealer on 3/22/2021
They gave me the order number which is same as Preview order number and order was placed on 2/14/2021 .
Entered the VIN and dealer number on this site https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/
Think you are freaking out for no reason.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Think you are freaking out for no reason.
You are probably right and I really hope you are. Bad combination: me never having ordered a vehicle before, getting the sales manager to sign a paper saying he'll sell it for 2% under invoice, and the dealer needing 3 tries for me to explain to them I want a Mach 1, not a Mach E. Then hearing guys who say they got an email from Ford with a VIN the day after they ordered is the icing on the cake.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I never heard squat from FoMoCo ............ Zack has been gracious in keeping me updated.

As an aside, our issues anr a cake walk compared to those that have ordered C8 Corvettes !

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I never heard squat from FoMoCo ............ Zack has been gracious in keeping me updated.

As an aside, our issues anr a cake walk compared to those that have ordered C8 Corvettes !
Forget that C8, man. I switched from a Vette to a Mustang.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
:crackup: No dispute there. I was blessed. I've had two of each generation, from the C1 up to the C7. IMHO, Zora had to have rolled in his grave when the C8 was introduced. It looks like a lemon drop on wheels IMHO.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Got my order confirmation and VIN email from Ford at 7:17AM YEEEEAAAHHHH!!!! Scheduled to be built week of May 31, OMG. I AM NEVER GOING TO MAKE IT THAT LONG. Of course clicking the link to show the order tracking lists a generic Mach with the "performance package", which doesn't exist, LOL.
Sponsored