Sponsored

Cool Convertible Wind Restrictor/Deflector getting released for 15/16 Mustang, YAY!

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
happy enough with my "love the drive" deflector... :-)
2016-02-28 14.57.24.jpg
Sponsored

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
what Ice ? none here in Mass Cape Cod
I store it in a shed out back and unfortunately the low spot of the lawn is right in front of it, so I have a driveway size patch of ice that just wont go away! And I doubt those P-Zeros will grip enough to get across it!

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
I store it in a shed out back and unfortunately the low spot of the lawn is right in front of it, so I have a driveway size patch of ice that just wont go away! And I doubt those P-Zeros will grip enough to get across it!
Dam man that sucks get out the flame gun we will get that out of there

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
I got mine =D

Okay Guys and Gals, I got me about a half hour ago and have it installed. Other than the bolts that go through the headrest posts, it is fully assembled. It is a little smaller than I though (top to bottom) and the 3/8" acrylic is pretty thick. Since it is clear, it really does not show up that much but I will be getting it tinted. Perhaps my biggest concern is the Pony is HUGE. I did not realize that when I ordered it but perhaps when tinted it won't draw my attention to it. Afterall, this product was designed for illumination and maybe I will upgrade it later. I have not driven her yet, still a couple hours to quitting time. Looks pretty good, need to clean it up a little but overall worth what I paid for it. We will see how well it works on the way home. Very solid. Here are some pics. Big day for my car, put on the Ford Racing Rear Decklid this morning.
DSC_2250.jpg
DSC_2251.jpg
DSC_2253.JPG
DSC_2254.jpg

ConqSoft

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium Vert, '16 428xi M Sport Vert
Thanks for the pics. So what happens if you try to lean one of the seat-backs forward?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Basically the seat are joined. There is some wiggle room but, not a ton. In order to let someone in the back seat you have to have another person on the passenger side and lean the seats forward or back at the same time. They are not very independent once it is installed. Double edged sword, you can't take them out casually but a thief can't just disconnect it and haul away with it either. The bracket requires the headrest to be at the first notch and not fully up.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Blast... Looks like a solution that won't fit me and my seats then :/

ConqSoft

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Basically the seat are joined. There is some wiggle room but, not a ton. In order to let someone in the back seat you have to have another person on the passenger side and lean the seats forward or back at the same time. They are not very independent once it is installed. Double edged sword, you can't take them out casually but a thief can't just disconnect it and haul away with it either. The bracket requires the headrest to be at the first notch and not fully up.

Thanks for confirming what I thought was the case. The person at WindRestrictor that I was in touch with assured me multiple times that it would not impact the seat movement.

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Well as I have said many times, with mesh you lose the backseat and it degrades over about a year. Yes you can move your seats all around but the back seat is a package shelf. All acrylic allow you to actually seat people in the back (not that you will be friends with them after the drive) and it will last for likely the life of your car. Yes, you can't move you seats all over the place but those are the trades offs. Some folks like steaks and other seafood. Not sure what you are looking for gojensen but, I don't think it exists.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Okay Guys and Gals, I got me about a half hour ago and have it installed. Other than the bolts that go through the headrest posts, it is fully assembled. It is a little smaller than I though (top to bottom) and the 3/8" acrylic is pretty thick. Since it is clear, it really does not show up that much but I will be getting it tinted. Perhaps my biggest concern is the Pony is HUGE. I did not realize that when I ordered it but perhaps when tinted it won't draw my attention to it. Afterall, this product was designed for illumination and maybe I will upgrade it later. I have not driven her yet, still a couple hours to quitting time. Looks pretty good, need to clean it up a little but overall worth what I paid for it. We will see how well it works on the way home. Very solid. Here are some pics. Big day for my car, put on the Ford Racing Rear Decklid this morning.
Looks nice and clean. Interested to hear your thoughts after driving with it, how well does it cut the wind and if it is terrible with the horse logo in the middle of your rear-view mirror. Kind of disappointed that they have "Wind Restrictor" etched into it as well, seems they could have been more subtle there.

Sponsored

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
LOL! Don't mind the branding that much but I purposely got rid of the grille pony and the decklid pony because I just can't stand huge chrome ponies. I do have two 3" ones on the fenders but even they are subdued. I think the tint will do the trick.

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Unpacked my packages today. A little disappointed about the control module. Its huge, like 2 packs of smokes. Other than that, its pretty cool and looks super easy to install. Now if we can get temps above freezing.....
DSC_0008sm.jpg
DSC_0012sm.jpg

ConqSoft

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
They don't show that logo in any of the press pics. Or if they did I didn't see it. :)

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Unpacked my packages today. A little disappointed about the control module. Its huge, like 2 packs of smokes. Other than that, its pretty cool and looks super easy to install. Now if we can get temps above freezing.....
Is that the Glow Module add on? I was thinking of getting the basic unit in Amber and then adding the Glow Module later. They told me I can add on the options later, even the color changing module.

I think it would be really cool to be able to wire it up to the factory ambient lighting and be able to change the color that way. I put some light up door sills on my moms Mustang that had that option (though hers didn't have ambient, it was in the instructions for the 2010+ model years)

OP
OP
onosqv

onosqv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
QV
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang
Mine came in today! I had actually been driving around all day w/ the top down, so didn't get the package until literally 3 hours ago. It comes w/ install instructions, so that was nice; not that it was really needed, but it helped clarify what wires you would need to tap into, etc.

UPDATE (more extended driving session):
Around town w/ windows down (up to 45-50mph): w/ the deflector on & the windows down, passengers w/ long hair only get a slight breeze blowing on their hair from the wind coming back through the sides of the seat. Still very manageable. Without the deflector, windows had to be up, and even then hair can get a bit messy.

Around town w/ windows up: no long hair blowing around issues, woo hoo!

I didn't get a chance to test w/ highway speeds w/ a passenger with long hair, but from the improvements from driving around town, I think it would be fine.

Overall driving impressions:
The instructions noted the deflector was meant to work w/ the windows up.

Around town (45 mph):
- windows down: not a huge noticeable difference, but I didn't get the deflector for city speeds. Maybe slightly less wind coming in from the rear seat area, but maybe only marginal. I'll test this again once I get someone w/ long hair to drive around.

Highway speeds (80 mph):
- windows down: definitely better in terms of wind coming from the rear seat area and hitting my neck/ears. however, wind noise is a little more noticeable (you can hear wind hitting the deflector kind of) - of course, I don't normally drive w/ the windows down at 80 mph. wind mostly comes over the top of my hair and on my sides (wind still comes through the sides of the seats since the rear seat area is not completely blocked off - like a light breeze, though).

- windows up (front & rear, how I normally drive at this speed): it's great. noise is reduced, no wind on my neck/ears; just a slight breeze on the sides of the seats. This was the main situation I got a deflector for & it excels in this area.

Some pictures:

Brackets, 1 per side, hooks to inside head rest. This seems to be what allows driver/passenger to adjust seats around. However, note that if seats are different positions, your wind deflector won't be perfectly centered from the outside point of view (bad for people who care about that). You also have to have it on the highest headrest setting in order to install the bracket (at least the way I installed it - I guess I could have pushed it up higher, but it wouldn't be on the perfectly vertical post section). Not a big deal for me since I put mine on the highest setting already, but will not be ideal for shorter drivers.

Came w/ white gloves & plexiglass cleaner, nice touch!

4 allen screws & nuts later, it's installed:

Don't mind the mess & the hanging wire (it's not fully hooked up yet, I just connected it to an external battery - waiting on the glow module to arrive).

The horse is lower in the mirror once you are seated & driving, but I wanted to take this picture so people could see there is some glare/reflection from the radio. Not an issue at night if there are cars behind you or if you turn off the display. The cluster display between the gauges also reflect slightly in the wind deflector at night if you are driving in near darkness. I'm currently driving it w/o hooking up the lighting for it; not a huge issue, but still something I didn't think about.

If you REALLY had to, you can leave the deflector in place for a back seat passenger.
Sponsored

Last edited: