2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Irrelevant….i asked a simple question. I haven’t been following every post in the 8 pages, I saw a guy was having an issue and a new tune solved it, so I wanted to know if the issue was known. I don’t know that Cordero idiot nor was his response warranted.
Yo yo yo. I'm nobody, just a bum. But even this idiot has been on this forum long enough to see you defend Lund like you get gang banged by them daily. Maybe I only noticed this due to how slow I am, or more like how slow we both are since it's well known that slow people are quick to lead with insults lol.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Yo yo yo. I'm nobody, just a bum. But even this idiot has been on this forum long enough to see you defend Lund like you get gang banged by them daily. Maybe I only noticed this due to how slow I am, or more like how slow we both are since it's well known that slow people are quick to lead with insults lol.
Wow I’ve never seen anyone bash themselves on a post that was supposed to offend someone else lol

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
@SolarFlare I am just sharing my experience with Lund on my ESS build. I’m not in any position to say who is better at tuning than the other. However, I will say from this specific tune order, they did not meet my expectations even though I was tuned previously by them on my NA setup.

If it’s coming off like I am bashing them, that’s not my intention. I was just reacting to the situation with open eyes on what I could of incorrectly done on my end. It just ended up as the calibration from Lund being at fault and their inability to review their file for me. And I cannot even get my money back for the purchase of an incomplete product. I accepted it already.

either way my Stang is on the road thanks to Wengerd and all the other members here who tried to help me.

and thanks, the car feels great 👍
I hope you changed your oil if you had gas literally coming out of the exhaust, lol. A lot of fuel probably made it into the crankcase.

OP
OP
BluestreamDE

BluestreamDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2004 350z, 2019 Nissan Titan
I hope you changed your oil if you had gas literally coming out of the exhaust, lol. A lot of fuel probably made it into the crankcase.
thanks for the tip! I’ll check things out tomorrow. Oil level was fine a few days ago, didn’t notice any gas smell from it. Either way this will be the last time I use 5w20 Motorcraft Oil and will prob move up to a 5w40 or 5w50.

Sponsored

inspecto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Lund sucks big time chestnuts! If I was OP I would be bashing Lund on all social media.

Johnny maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick xlt fx4 4k lux 89 cougar xr7 5spd 84
Wow good read. I read every post because I'm looking into an ESS system. Long story short I'm glad the OP got it straight with the help of all. I do know who my tuner is going to be when I pull the trigger.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
OP should send a Bill for the unnecessary rework he was asked to do. To Me, I have been reading reviews from people throughout the last few years who have had issues with Lunds tunning. The Lund Rep response of they have done thousands of these tunes means he most likely used a boilerplate Tune and never actually looked at your data log. And Why do People Cheelead for these guys? NFI

TonyT930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible in Ruby Red
Hey everyone. I normally don’t log in but read alot on the forums. Having a snag at my install if anyone could help me.

ESS G2 Kit w/115 Pulley
VMP Bap
2020 Shelby Fuel Injectors
IMRC Lockouts
Lund Racing base map

Backstory:

the Base Tune was uploaded Saturday morning after the install of all supercharger parts, injectors and other electronic devices. Car would not hold idle after several attempts and died after a few seconds.

I loaded the restore stock tune, then reloaded the new base file they sent me. Still has the same issue. A short data Log had been sent thru TDN to Lund For Review. They claimed that I may have a vacuum leak or the engine is choking. I don’t see how. This car had an NA Lund Tune on it prior to install and ran perfect….

What I checked:

Boost line to Bypass valve is good and opens in vacuum, all imrc lockouts were installed, no fuel or vacuum leaks. IMRCs installed correctly. All connectors to injectors and spark boots were on snug. Belt has no slippage and is routed correctly. I did notice alot of fuel coming out the exhaust tips and pooling on the ground. I didn’t want to continue in fear of washing out my cylinders with fuel.

What I can replace just in case:
I got a new battery on standby if that is the issue. Voltage level is fine.
Thanks for anyone’s help….

IMG_6200.jpeg

IMG_6199.jpeg
Did you somehow damage the mass air sensor in the intake and or is it installed in the wrong direction? Also, did you check your fuel pressure?

OP
OP
BluestreamDE

BluestreamDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you somehow damage the mass air sensor in the intake and or is it installed in the wrong direction? Also, did you check your fuel pressure?
everything was installed correctly. The problem was the base file I received from Lund Racing as mentioned.

Sponsored

TonyT930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible in Ruby Red
Hey everyone. I normally don’t log in but read alot on the forums. Having a snag at my install if anyone could help me.

ESS G2 Kit w/115 Pulley
VMP Bap
2020 Shelby Fuel Injectors
IMRC Lockouts
Lund Racing base map

Backstory:

the Base Tune was uploaded Saturday morning after the install of all supercharger parts, injectors and other electronic devices. Car would not hold idle after several attempts and died after a few seconds.

I loaded the restore stock tune, then reloaded the new base file they sent me. Still has the same issue. A short data Log had been sent thru TDN to Lund For Review. They claimed that I may have a vacuum leak or the engine is choking. I don’t see how. This car had an NA Lund Tune on it prior to install and ran perfect….

What I checked:

Boost line to Bypass valve is good and opens in vacuum, all imrc lockouts were installed, no fuel or vacuum leaks. IMRCs installed correctly. All connectors to injectors and spark boots were on snug. Belt has no slippage and is routed correctly. I did notice alot of fuel coming out the exhaust tips and pooling on the ground. I didn’t want to continue in fear of washing out my cylinders with fuel.

What I can replace just in case:
I got a new battery on standby if that is the issue. Voltage level is fine.
Thanks for anyone’s help….

IMG_6200.jpeg

IMG_6199.jpeg
Or I'm guessing it's the Tune. I prefer Brenspeed.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Solarflare asks a valid question, but it starts off with a certain premise (that Lund's tune is comp'd/verified against other identical builds and that tune is EXACTLY what was provided and what ultimately ended up being flashed).

First question, did they resend the tune file to you and ask you to re-upload it? I'm just curious because what he's getting at is that there may have been some sorta of mechanical issue and that resetting a new tune is just masking over it. (I'm open to this idea) however, it's ALSO possible that the tune version you received is indeed NOT the same or identical to the tunes employed on other similarly modified vehicles and unless someone were to open it up and examine it against another tune file, there's no way of knowing if it was fudged or corrupted or whatever.

I find it just as possible you got a "different" version of the tune as there's some mechanical issue that's causing 30% trims on your start up against a true apples/apples tune.

OP
OP
BluestreamDE

BluestreamDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Solarflare asks a valid question, but it starts off with a certain premise (that Lund's tune is comp'd/verified against other identical builds and that tune is EXACTLY what was provided and what ultimately ended up being flashed).

First question, did they resend the tune file to you and ask you to re-upload it? I'm just curious because what he's getting at is that there may have been some sorta of mechanical issue and that resetting a new tune is just masking over it. (I'm open to this idea) however, it's ALSO possible that the tune version you received is indeed NOT the same or identical to the tunes employed on other similarly modified vehicles and unless someone were to open it up and examine it against another tune file, there's no way of knowing if it was fudged or corrupted or whatever.

I find it just as possible you got a "different" version of the tune as there's some mechanical issue that's causing 30% trims on your start up against a true apples/apples tune.
They only send the one base file to me. After I told them it wasn’t working and explained my situation with many data logs, they refused to revise and said everything was perfect on their end.

Nothing mechanically changed between Lund and Wengerd. It was all the tune. I triple checked my work and even did my own tests to ensure my BAP, injectors, bypass valve and MAF harness were working.

I wish I was lying lol

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I'm just curious because what he's getting at is that there may have been some sorta of mechanical issue and that resetting a new tune is just masking over it. (I'm open to this idea)
Mechanical issues do not fix themselves and a tune will not mask one.
They only send the one base file to me. After I told them it wasn’t working and explained my situation with many data logs, they refused to revise and said everything was perfect on their end.
This shows they (Lund) don't give a crap after they get your money. This might have been fixed if Lund just did a compare from the file sent and the file copied. Then sent the one without the mistake.

Honestly it probably took more time typing the e-mail than it would have to send a fresh file.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350

Nothing mechanically changed between Lund and Wengerd. It was all the tune. I triple checked my work and even did my own tests to ensure my BAP, injectors, bypass valve and MAF harness were working.

I wish I was lying lol
No, I get it, what he's getting at is assume for a second that Lund is correct, if you received a revised tune to accommodate that, you're just altering the tune to mask something mechanical that's truly an issue. Which is certainly possible. But it's ALSO possible that the tune file version you received is flawed and that is the part that I'm doubting Lund even considered. My first check (if I were the tuner) would be to say, hmmm, go ahead and reload this tune file and see what's what. OR they can take your tune file and easily run a comparison to another to see what the differences are.

Wengerd tunes quite a few cars as well, so maybe he can weigh in on whether your tune features some sort of drastic settings different from other comparable builds.

What solarflare is asking is a valid question, but the OTHER side of the question (whether the tune file is different somehow) is also possible and valid. Would definitely be worth knowing.
Sponsored