Sponsored

2015-2020 Mustang GT Cat Delete Pipes: First To Market and The Original Cat Deletes

speedfreak228

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt premium PP
anyone got performance #'s of these against lontubes?
Sponsored

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
Waiting to see if you release high flow catted version. Can't stand fuel fumes and wanna stay emissions legal. Wondering if the cats from Ford actually flow worse than an aftermarket "high flow" cat.

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
anyone got performance #'s of these against lontubes?
There are numbers on various forums as well as earlier in this thread I posted numbers another customer experienced. As far as Longtubes, that number is pretty well known by now.

Waiting to see if you release high flow catted version. Can't stand fuel fumes and wanna stay emissions legal. Wondering if the cats from Ford actually flow worse than an aftermarket "high flow" cat.
We can add cats via special order, it will be emissions legal(Except California) but still require tuning.

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
does it make the car that much louder...that's really all I want to do. Headers is an option, but if I could just have clamps that allow me to swap my cats in and out that would be amazing. (for CA smog purposes)

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
does it make the car that much louder...that's really all I want to do. Headers is an option, but if I could just have clamps that allow me to swap my cats in and out that would be amazing. (for CA smog purposes)
Yes it does make the car louder. Depending on your catback the level of loud changes.

By purchasing an additional flange you can make the complete setup bolt on and bolt off. Including your factory cats.

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Yes i have an x pipe,magnaflow 3in catback with the mak deletes,sounds awesome and dynoed 427hp with them tune and cai,thats it.Felt a nice difference with these cat deletes.
So how did you interface between the CAT delete and the Magnaflow. Did you have some extensions welded in? Did MAK make you a specific pipe?

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Yes it does make the car louder. Depending on your catback the level of loud changes.

By purchasing an additional flange you can make the complete setup bolt on and bolt off. Including your factory cats.
MAK,

See my question above. Can you make a pipe to tie into a Catback system past where the resonator would normally be?

Loyalty_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Fastback GT
Does anyone have these installed with Corsa Extreme Catback? Woud like to hear how these sound with the double x pipe.

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
MAK,

See my question above. Can you make a pipe to tie into a Catback system past where the resonator would normally be?
Our 3in Versions are left slightly longer so they can be hooked up past the 2.5in reduction on most catbacks.(Crossover section where resonator is usually located) We do not currently have a version that hooks up after the resonator however. That difference would have to be made up with extra 3in piping. We could custom make it, but would need a car to test fit in person.

Does anyone have these installed with Corsa Extreme Catback? Woud like to hear how these sound with the double x pipe.
There are a few guys that have them. There were videos on the various facebook groups, but I can never find things once they are a few days old on there. We will be doing this install on Thurs of this week and will post videos of how it sounds.

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored
OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Here is a picture of the Cat Deletes being welded on the car, for those who were not sure if it could be done.

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
Freaking sweet man!!!! I can not wait until I get mine. My Mak cat deletes are sitting in the living room, my tuner is in the kitchen, and my Corsa's haven't shipped yet :( Not until the 10th! Looking at another month before I can install everything. Jesus.:frusty:

1st world problems.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
Did mine last weekend. Still need to take out the factory connect bottleneck between the cat delete and the sw catback. Even with it still there the car made 417whp and as much as 20whp in spots under the peak! It is RACECAR loud though! Too loud for me, I have magnaflow 3" high flow cats going on this weekend when I replace the factory connections with 3" pipe and redyno with the Lund tune.