Sponsored

Is Lund the way to go for tune??

yankeefan3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
I am planning on getting my vehicle tuned in a couple of weeks, is Lund the best place to get a tune for my 15 GT? It's a daily driver, I just want something that will wake it up more and be reliable.
Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
That's a loaded question. Anyone who likes them will say yes. People who like others will claim there are better.

I will say that I have a Lund and a vmp. I like them both. They are different.

Pretty much if you stick with any reputable tuner, you're going to see good results.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
While a good aftermarket tune is certainly safe, I don't know they are any more reliable than the factory tune. In fact, with a tune there is a good chance you can/will have engine related warranty work denied. I personally am not too worried about this, as the coyote does not seem to have many engine issues.

That said, I personally would have thought twice about possible giving up warranty for just a tune and no other mods.

OP
OP

yankeefan3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
Well I do have a cai and exhaust but the stock tune feels weird with it, which I guess it should. I just want it to balance out my A/F a little think it could use some more fuel down low.

OP
OP

yankeefan3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
If I were to go with lund is it best to go straight through them or someone else like beefcake, lethal, etc

Sponsored

Quiksilver15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT
While a good aftermarket tune is certainly safe, I don't know they are any more reliable than the factory tune. In fact, with a tune there is a good chance you can/will have engine related warranty work denied. I personally am not too worried about this, as the coyote does not seem to have many engine issues.

That said, I personally would have thought twice about possible giving up warranty for just a tune and no other mods.
I agree with this, I will not be tuning/voiding my warranty until I have headers or a supercharger. Just doesn't make sense on a intake/catback only car IMO

OP
OP

yankeefan3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
Car is tuned already I just do not like the tune that is currently installed and I hear Lund is good. Tuners including SCT have told me a tune will not void warranty unless proven that was the cause of the problem. I'm not saying I won't get told anything by my local ford dealer just saying what I was told.

But like I said the car is tuned already so its just a matter of who should I change too??

BlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black s550 PP
I agree with this, I will not be tuning/voiding my warranty until I have headers or a supercharger. Just doesn't make sense on a intake/catback only car IMO
+1

OP
OP

yankeefan3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
Oh and i got the tune because I was getting system too rich codes after the cai. i just wanna know people's opinions on who's good with their 2015 GT tunes.

madsedan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT, PP/Prem
I used beefcake for my ngauge tuner with Lund tune for JLT, 93 octane, and 3" cat back exhaust and I'm really happy with it. I would encourage you to use one of the vendors/dealers active on this site as they are a little more invested in making sure everything is right than buying direct, in my opinion.
I had one or two little issues with the ngauge, very minor, and I was talking to, and exchanging text with, beefcake on Saturday morning until it was done. Thats excellent customer service in my opinion.

After it was all sorted and I was on my test drive he called me back to make sure it was all good, very impressed.

Sponsored
OP
OP

yankeefan3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
I used beefcake for my ngauge tuner with Lund tune for JLT, 93 octane, and 3" cat back exhaust and I'm really happy with it. I would encourage you to use one of the vendors/dealers active on this site as they are a little more invested in making sure everything is right than buying direct, in my opinion.
I had one or two little issues with the ngauge, very minor, and I was talking to, and exchanging text with, beefcake on Saturday morning until it was done. Thats excellent customer service in my opinion.

After it was all sorted and I was on my test drive he called me back to make sure it was all good, very impressed.
Thank you, I appreciate it.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I've had good experiences buying from Beefcake and then also with Lund directly when tweaking the tune.

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I am planning on getting my vehicle tuned in a couple of weeks, is Lund the best place to get a tune for my 15 GT? It's a daily driver, I just want something that will wake it up more and be reliable.
I started off with a different company than Lund, then I hooked up with Beefcake and switched to Lund, I picked over half a second in the 1/4. I just traveled over 3,500 miles on a racing vacation, pulling a trailer at 75 mph a/c on, 4K stall converter, 3.73s and got 22+ mpg and ran 11s in Joliet Illinois, West Palm Beach Florida and back north to Norwalk Ohio and I'm N/A. Now I can't wait to get my Ngage in my car to get the full effect of Lund. I just posted pics of my trip in the Dragstrip section of this site. The key thing is to be honest with what you're doing with the car when speaking with a tuner. Knowing how far you're willing to push your car helps the tuner.

Last edited:

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
I started off with a different company than Lund, when I switched to Lund I picked over half a second in the 1/4. I just traveled over 3,500 miles on a racing vacation, pulling a trailer at 75 mph a/c on, 4K stall converter, 3.73s and got 22+ mpg and ran 11s in Joliet Illinois, West Palm Beach Florida and back north to Norwalk Ohio and I'm N/A. Now I can't wait to get my Ngage in my car to get the full effect of Lund. I just posted pics of my trip in the Dragstrip section of this site. The key thing is to be honest with what you're doing with the car when speaking with a tuner. Knowing how far you're willing to push your car helps the tuner.

In reference to your exhaust setup, I see you have the SP Longtubes, did you remove the neck down area on the lead pipes to catbacks and go a full 3" all the way out or did you retain the neck down factory connect leads???

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
In reference to your exhaust setup, I see you have the SP Longtubes, did you remove the neck down area on the lead pipes to catbacks and go a full 3" all the way out or did you retain the neck down factory connect leads???
I removed the necked down portion and installed a short piece from a local auto parts store. If I'd bought all at once from one place I could have avoided this issue. I attached pics.
Leads 5.jpg
Leads 8.jpg
Sponsored