Sponsored

New cold air kit from PMAS No tune required.

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
Ok just to keep my inbox from blowing up, the numbers are as follows, again take it with a grain of salt until i get dyno sheets: on my current tune on the stock box with just the airaid tube and afe filter the car made 400whp, no tune whp was 381

With nothing more than the pmas intake the car made 448 whp, i was running the wrong maf cal and my tuner noticed fueling was slightly off so he attempted to add fuel up top but for whatever reason the car wouldn't go into op mode [optimum performance] so the car would start to climb like the first pull and then at 4300rpm would table top 395 all the way to 6800, so we called it quits until i got the correct maf file.

I have it now, fueling looks good, so im gonna try for new dynos today if weather holds out, for the naysayers the car shifts just as hard on the 4-5 shift as it does on the 2-3, it feels like the engine is trying to twist out of the mounts, better known as awesomeness.
Lol thanks for clarifying that man! Sorry, we had to "blow up" your inbox to pry that info out of you. :lol:

Those are some stout numbers for tune and intake only. GEEZE. I'll stay reserved for actual graphs, but i am impressed.
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Ok just to keep my inbox from blowing up, the numbers are as follows, again take it with a grain of salt until i get dyno sheets: on my current tune on the stock box with just the airaid tube and afe filter the car made 400whp, no tune whp was 381

With nothing more than the pmas intake the car made 448 whp, i was running the wrong maf cal and my tuner noticed fueling was slightly off so he attempted to add fuel up top but for whatever reason the car wouldn't go into op mode [optimum performance] so the car would start to climb like the first pull and then at 4300rpm would table top 395 all the way to 6800, so we called it quits until i got the correct maf file.

I have it now, fueling looks good, so im gonna try for new dynos today if weather holds out, for the naysayers the car shifts just as hard on the 4-5 shift as it does on the 2-3, it feels like the engine is trying to twist out of the mounts, better known as awesomeness.
HOLY SHIT.....

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP

How did you get the updated MAF files?

My IATs are frozen since the second day I installed the intake and I've been waiting for updated files from who knows who.

What kind of dyno - Dynojet or Mustang?

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP

I want to believe. Looking forward to seeing the back to back, same day, same dyno numbers. and what the curve looks like.

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Are you running the files that cane on the box or did you update it with the files listed on the website?

Sponsored

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have held off switching from my Airaid intake tube and K&N drop in to this CAI. I have ditched the SCT and have my car tuned with HP Tuners now.. I have the software to do my own tunes with it as well. Would the changes needed to be made to my tune be easy with HP Tuners vs SCT etc? Any of you guys running this CAI running HP Tuners?

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I am going to remain not hyped until previous dyno overlay vs what it will do with the new dyno on the updated maf cal is posted. I know weather and DA can make a difference. But not a 48whp difference, itd be one thing if it was the same car on two different dynos in two different states with drastically different DA and weather. So since its not this is pretty impressive. Whos dyno is this and what type of dyno?

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
Are you running the files that cane on the box or did you update it with the files listed on the website?
There was a printed note in inserted right on the narrow part of the filter that said that my MAF files were up to date and there was no need to update it, but that I should download the installation instructions.

BTW, I'm not disparaging the product. I'm simply relaying my experience and what's going on with the intake. How people interpret what's going on with my experience is up to them.

I've already restrained myself from commenting on PMAS's customer service because I've chosen to install the intake and try to deal with the issues regarding updated MAF files.

I uninstalled the intake after the second day it was on because my IAT readings froze and I didn't want to drive around like that. I didn't want to risk doing damage to my car guessing whether the MAF is reading correct temps or not.

Sponsored

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Pm me the serial number from the sheet included with your intake, it should say 37pt flow test and the sn should be like 13c00930, not those exact numbers but same style sequence, also include your email, im going to forward the file im using to you to include the correct maf cal

You already have the instructions, so download the maf installer software and make sure you have a usb cable that will connect to the translator box

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
This was done on the same dyno, im pretty sure its a dynojet, and his weather station was recording very similar conditions between the 2 days, south alabama weather is pretty consistent, hot and muggy, but i want to do back to back pulls between this and stock, thats why i was reluctant to post anything.

Also, no tune changes are required for this intake, i made zero changes, myprevious tune did have some pretty aggressive cam settings, which btw are where your power is to be made, but its impossible to create a blanket cam tune, i saw this firsthand on the same dyno between my car and my cousins car, both gt pp cars and the difference in the adjustments made to the cams was dramatic

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Pm me the serial number from the sheet included with your intake, it should say 37pt flow test and the sn should be like 13c00930, not those exact numbers but same style sequence, also include your email, im going to forward the file im using to you to include the correct maf cal

You already have the instructions, so download the maf installer software and make sure you have a usb cable that will connect to the translator box
Thanks for that Sandeale I let him know to PM you about the files. With the file you tweaked are the IATs flowing normally?

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
This was done on the same dyno, im pretty sure its a dynojet, and his weather station was recording very similar conditions between the 2 days, south alabama weather is pretty consistent, hot and muggy, but i want to do back to back pulls between this and stock, thats why i was reluctant to post anything.

Also, no tune changes are required for this intake, i made zero changes, myprevious tune did have some pretty aggressive cam settings, which btw are where your power is to be made, but its impossible to create a blanket cam tune, i saw this firsthand on the same dyno between my car and my cousins car, both gt pp cars and the difference in the adjustments made to the cams was dramatic
Thanks for the info, whos dyno was this though?

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
Thanks for that Sandeale I let him know to PM you about the files. With the file you tweaked are the IATs flowing normally?
Also, how long have you been driving the car around with the IATs reading normally.

Mine was good driving around intially, for the first day. Drove about 30 to 45 minutes and it was functioning normally. Second day, it froze at 98.

Just trying to gain an understanding of why it would function correctly initially, then cease functioning afterwards. How do I verify if it is a sofrtware issue or its a harness issue or both?
Sponsored