ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

WonderDud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey. I’m yanking 4.8-5.1’s on 275/40/19 555Rll’s on a 8.5” wheel. It’s all about the pressure and weight transfer on R compound. :)
What springs are you on? I'd like to try and get the car dialed in enough to do 1st gear rolls again. Being that I'm on a 28" tall tire and using a centri the 50-60 mph rolls just lack the torque needed to get me moving through the gear fast enough. I believe that's part of the reason I'm getting low 8's high 7's 60-130. The extra momentum would be nice and everyone likes to do sub 50 rolls for whatever reason :facepalm:
6R80 w 3.15 & 28 tire shifting at 7700 or so
1st --> 2nd 48.5mph
2nd-->3rd 87.5mph
3rd-->4th 135mph
Gearing isn't exactly favorable for a centri car... I need to go TT or Shoving air down Blower and make 1000+ to keep up with you 10R guys lol.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
I got into some firestone Indy hawk 500's before I went boosted. Held up ok on a first gear roll N/A, I've had them on for a little over 12k miles and they still have some life on them but wont hook unless in 2nd gear and rolling 50-60 or so, Tried 1st, never again almost took me straight off the highway. I'm going to buy a rear wheel setup once ready for a fuel system because the tires barely hold up to the power, but they do decently well in the rain and just cruising. I'm planning on having a dedicated fun set and a "daily"(current rim and tire) set. For that staggered rim setup I went 255 up front and 305 in the rear. I don't recommend them if you plan on using them for rolls or grip on the street or whateva. Maybe go with ET's if you don't drive it as much, but you will need tires every 5-10k miles. Toyo's seem to be a good in-between, but I'm not sure what you will get out of them mileage wise.
For this car, mileage is not an issue. I would replace the tires every summer if they performed under the high HP/TQ. My Firehawks now on N/A spin easily so they will not be an option under boost. The only Tires I see in a 325/30/19 are the Toyo Proxes R888R, Hoosier R7 and Nitto NT01.
Which one of these have you seen give all around summer dry weather traction for role racing, Corners ETC? Not that I will do Role races, I just want that type of traction. Thank You

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
What springs are you on? I'd like to try and get the car dialed in enough to do 1st gear rolls again. Being that I'm on a 28" tall tire and using a centri the 50-60 mph rolls just lack the torque needed to get me moving through the gear fast enough. I believe that's part of the reason I'm getting low 8's high 7's 60-130. The extra momentum would be nice and everyone likes to do sub 50 rolls for whatever reason :facepalm:
6R80 w 3.15 & 28 tire shifting at 7700 or so
1st --> 2nd 48.5mph
2nd-->3rd 87.5mph
3rd-->4th 135mph
Gearing isn't exactly favorable for a centri car... I need to go TT or Shoving air down Blower and make 1000+ to keep up with you 10R guys lol.
BMR rear drag springs. Stock shocks.
3.15 gear. I start my run in 2nd gear at 30mph. Well before power comes in. This way I don’t blaze the tires on the hit.

If I start at 45-50mph in 3rd, the best I can get is 5.28-5.37.

WonderDud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
For this car, mileage is not an issue. I would replace the tires every summer if they performed under the high HP/TQ. My Firehawks now on N/A spin easily so they will not be an option under boost. The only Tires I see in a 325/30/19 are the Toyo Proxes R888R, Hoosier R7 and Nitto NT01.
Which one of these have you seen give all around summer dry weather traction for role racing, Corners ETC? Not that I will do Role races, I just want that type of traction. Thank You
The R888rs will do the best handling wise by far. It's hard to say cause I really don't know what your driving habits are like. At 800+ you are goin to break probably any tire loose on the street. For a 19" wheel I'd assume that a race compound isn't going to be easily found/available. If you were to ever get stuck in any wet weather in that R7 you'll probably have to stop and wait till it passes and maybe not even get to drive until it really clears up haha! Might just be the toyo's for you.

WonderDud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
BMR rear drag springs. Stock shocks.
3.15 gear. I start my run in 2nd gear at 30mph. Well before power comes in. This way I don’t blaze the tires on the hit.

If I start at 45-50mph in 3rd, the best I can get is 5.28-5.37.
Holy crap you are making some serious steam. The centri doesn't quite blaze tires so getting the car to transfer weight well with a grippy tire might get me there while im still making "pump gas power"

Sponsored

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
ESS Friends. My car is a 2017 6R80 with 3.15s. The rear gear seemed fine with my whipple set up but looking around seems like it would help me a good bit to find a 3.55 pumpkin. What are your thoughts on that?

HAVOC_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I'm getting a Circle D 4000 stall installed soon(since doing ppe pan & thermal delete). No plans to pulley down. Happy with how she feels. Prob lean towards Toyos.
I feel like your car is having an identity crisis.

Youre putting a 4000 STALL IN YOUR CAR...but worried about tires?

I'm not meaning to sound like a dick and not trying to come across that way either, but your car will have more drivability issues than mine will. Manual Trans and Full Drag Pack vs a 4000 Stall on a sub par street tire.

If you don't drive in the rain, it doesn't matter anyways. It's not like you purposely go out and nail it in the rain anyways.

You need to do some digging on what you're doing and where you're going to wind up. IMHO, if I were you, I would go Full Drag Pack. You're just going to ignite any other tire on the street.

WonderDud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
ESS Friends. My car is a 2017 6R80 with 3.15s. The rear gear seemed fine with my whipple set up but looking around seems like it would help me a good bit to find a 3.55 pumpkin. What are your thoughts on that?
On a 105mm pulley you should be rolling out? Have you tested 60-130 on both setups?

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Honestly……..A 3.55 with a centri on the 6R80 is the money gear. I have a 3.55 loaded differential under my workbench. I don’t really plan on using it anymore, so I’d be willing to sell it.

WonderDud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Honestly……..A 3.55 with a centri on the 6R80 is the money gear. I have a 3.55 loaded differential under my workbench. I don’t really plan on using it anymore, so I’d be willing to sell it.
I almost had the opportunity to trade for one with an 18+ owner but never ironed out the details. I’ve also looked into it but it seemed like a big headache and not as much return for the money. I’ve never worked on a differential personally so I kind of avoided doing further research, but I was thinking about it because it would be much for favorable for a 50-60 roll being in the 5-6k rpm range on the hit would be very nice. Just wasn’t sure if I’d go turbo one day. It would also make 4th gear much more bearable. Speaking of 4th isn’t the clutch pack much smaller and a breaking point of the 6R? I remember reading that the clutches were a lot smaller.

Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I almost had the opportunity to trade for one with an 18+ owner but never ironed out the details. I’ve also looked into it but it seemed like a big headache and not as much return for the money. I’ve never worked on a differential personally so I kind of avoided doing further research, but I was thinking about it because it would be much for favorable for a 50-60 roll being in the 5-6k rpm range on the hit would be very nice. Just wasn’t sure if I’d go turbo one day. It would also make 4th gear much more bearable. Speaking of 4th isn’t the clutch pack much smaller and a breaking point of the 6R? I remember reading that the clutches were a lot smaller.
Clutches in the 6R80 are tougher than the 10R80. Parts break in the 6R80 WAY before the clutch packs slip. 10R80 is the opposite.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
The R888rs will do the best handling wise by far. It's hard to say cause I really don't know what your driving habits are like. At 800+ you are goin to break probably any tire loose on the street. For a 19" wheel I'd assume that a race compound isn't going to be easily found/available. If you were to ever get stuck in any wet weather in that R7 you'll probably have to stop and wait till it passes and maybe not even get to drive until it really clears up haha! Might just be the toyo's for you.
Thanks. I have heard good things about the R888RS, so I will most likely move in their direction. I don't plan on buying tires until spring which will be after my FI upgrade. Thanks for your help

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I'm really liking how this came out. This color looks so good in the sun

20230817_153005.jpg

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Which paint did you use?
Powder coat. Illusion malbec

Looks black in low light so it's pretty wild how much it changes with some sunlight
Sponsored

Last edited: