Sponsored

Mustang UK on sale June 2015

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
September?? Noooo! I thought summer...
Maybe you will get them earlier on the mainland. My source was talking specifically about RHD and the UK. It those that drive on the 'right' side of the road that may have to wait.
Sponsored

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
it's too bad ford cannot make enough of a profit to justify setting up a european production line for the mustang. with just the one assembly plant in michigan trying to supply global orders i can understand why it is a disappointment for overseas buyers.
Ford may do it in the future, but i highly doubt it, as it could take away from the uniqueness of having our american pony car made in another country when its been made in america for the last 50 years.

T5owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 T-5
Order book for Germany is open mid January, cars being built in March in Flatrock and available in April 15. Asking about UK, the exec gave little information, but assumed not much later than a month or two.(PR conference Motorshow Essen/Germany yesterday)
The Dealer launch party is this weekend, I heard with the yellow Euro spec prototype. See the Europe section for some pics.

T5owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 T-5
..when its been made in america for the last 50 years.
It has been assembled at least on Ford lines also in Venezula, Amsterdam, Mexico and elsewhere.
But it makes probably no sense today to convert a line. The Dollar vs. Euro is good enough to build them in Flatrock. The prices in Europe - going via 5 havens like Livorno, Marseille etc. - will be low enough to be competitive, especially considering the differences in the suspension, cooling, interior and exterior. The current price range of grey importers over here is almost 7-10.000 Euro more than the later Ford prices. First ones have arrived already on the "shores".

Entick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Coupe

Sponsored

Aussie Mate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt K1121 - (2019 Model) - Built 28 Aug 2018
I certainly hope this report is correct. It would be great if someone in the area would be able to verify if there are any RHD models being built.
Any news would be good.

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Certainly not what I have been hearing.
I spoke to someone pretty high up in Ford and they said we are just under a year away in the UK

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
If it's of any interest, my local Ford dealer, Gowrings of Newbury, will have an S550 on display from 12-16th December. I assume it'll be the grey 'vert that's been doing the rounds.

Address: Newbury Motor Park, Pinchington Ln, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 7HT
Phone:01635 555308

I can find nothing on the internet, but Mrs TT spotted an advertising van parked outside the dealership with a big S550 on it and those dates :)

I'll likely head there on the Saturday (13th).

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
If it's of any interest, my local Ford dealer, Gowrings of Newbury, will have an S550 on display from 12-16th December. I assume it'll be the grey 'vert that's been doing the rounds.

Address: Newbury Motor Park, Pinchington Ln, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 7HT
Phone:01635 555308

I can find nothing on the internet, but Mrs TT spotted an advertising van parked outside the dealership with a big S550 on it and those dates :)

I'll likely head there on the Saturday (13th).
Or the Orange Coupe that I have now seen at Goodwood, Brand Hatch and Eastbourne!!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Or the Orange Coupe that I have now seen at Goodward, Brand Hatch and Eastbourne!!
Possibly!

If I get a chance, I'll pop in this weekend and see if they know what car it will be :)

Or.....if it's an Ingot Silver Premium fastback, ebony interior, with 6-speed auto and 20" wheels..........I'll part-ex my '05 GT and my right nut and drive it home :D

Sponsored

Entick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Coupe
Thanks for sharing this info - may be worth the 2 hour drive for me to actually see the car in-person for the first time.

Please let us know if you get any info about which car will be there.

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
OK,
I have been writing to all sorts of people at Ford and had feedback from quite a high level. I dont want to quote who that was but the email below is an official responce form Ford. Doesnt really say anything we dont already know but is pretty much in line with what I have been told from my sources.

Dear Chantler Thank you for your email. Please accept our apologies for the delayed response. Thank you also for your interest in the Ford Mustang. We are pleased to announce that the Mustang will be available for purchase in the UK in autumn 2015. We have yet to provide details on price and MPG although information can be found on the link below. Further information will be available closer to the launch date. http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/FutureVehicles/Ford-Mustang If you'd like to be kept informed about the Mustang arriving in the UK please follow the link below: http://www.ford.co.uk/Hidden/MustangKMI Kind Regards Ford Customer Relationship centre

I dont think any of us in the UK will be in a car (RHD at least) before November(ish) next year.

lewi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6
Stevec, Interesting and disappointing that your Ford contact said the Mustang "will be available for purchase in the UK in the autumn of 2015". Is that politico speak for 'available to order' or does it mean you can actually get one in the autumn?

I see from another thread here that November sales of the 2015 'stang in the US are up over 60% on last year and its outselling all other US muscle cars. On average Mustang's are selling within 7 days of appearing in showrooms. This news is though a double edged sword. Its great that its so popular which would suggest that its really very good and a worry because Ford US will almost certainly want to meet its local market demand before building RHD vehicles to the UK

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Thanks for sharing this info - may be worth the 2 hour drive for me to actually see the car in-person for the first time.

Please let us know if you get any info about which car will be there.
Would be interested as well. It's not toooo far.
I'll pop in there this weekend and find out what I can in preparation for the car being there next weekend :)
Sponsored