oldirtysturdy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 MT82
So u found the issue?
I think so, I am getting ready to remove it from the manifold and plug it into the harness. He does a ton of whipple installs, this was his first edelbrock. I guess the whipple just tunes them out
Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I think so, I am getting ready to remove it from the manifold and plug it into the harness. He does a ton of whipple installs, this was his first edelbrock. I guess the whipple just tunes them out

Awesome Pal

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
There you go!

Hope that fixes the issue.

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Did you leave the nitrous jet in the bypass line, or remove it? Curious how that effects your surging issues on the Eddy tune.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Its pretty sad when Lund is custom tuning a Stage 2 Edelbrock on pump gas and all 3 guys doing the custom tune (lund alex and power by the hour) all say the same thing, garbage 93 but more importantly too much boost for 93.....They even make a joke that this is roush 2300 power which is a lot smaller blower....More and more E85 with 12.1cr and boost is the way to go, Unless of course u run some kind of additive or unleaded race gas to curtail detonation or worse.....Boom!!!!!

Sponsored

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Not bad, there is def still a lot of power left on the table, looks like some spark was pulled starting at 6500rpm, this was either knock or more than likely the EB tune lowering the base spark. Since they have to warranty this set up, Im sure they opted for a safer spark map

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Not bad, there is def still a lot of power left on the table, looks like some spark was pulled starting at 6500rpm, this was either knock or more than likely the EB tune lowering the base spark. Since they have to warranty this set up, Im sure they opted for a safer spark map
Easiest way to find out, add boostane and redyno

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Easiest way to find out, add boostane and redyno
Adding boostane will only increase octane, if they lowered the base spark map and also limited how much timing the knock system can add, then it won't have much of a gain even with the increase octane. Just depends on how they wrote the tune

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Adding boostane will only increase octane, if they lowered the base spark map and also limited how much timing the knock system can add, then it won't have much of a gain even with the increase octane. Just depends on how they wrote the tune
Correct, if I"m wrong Kona....
So lets say its KR, wouldnt the octane booster would eliminate it and perhaps add power?
Just curious?

EB tech told me the octane booster can always help, that leads me to believe their tuning will like the added octane?

OP
OP

oldirtysturdy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 MT82
Did you leave the nitrous jet in the bypass line, or remove it? Curious how that effects your surging issues on the Eddy tune.
I was going to, but the first time I went WOT, the power was enough to scare the shit out of me. It was in second gear, and I just spun...but that was to be expected from what I have read. 3rd gear WOT is a little better, but boost still seems pretty instantaneous. I may remove the pill just to see, but right now the surging is minimal at worst.

Sponsored

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Correct, if I"m wrong Kona....
So lets say its KR, wouldnt the octane booster would eliminate it and perhaps add power?
Just curious?

EB tech told me the octane booster can always help, that leads me to believe their tuning will like the added octane?
Yes, if it pulled spark, then Boostane may help, that top end looks a little weird, so either it picked up knock, it stopped adding timing, or the base spark map is lower 6500+ rpm. Did you log the pulls at all? That would tell us more than the graph would

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Does anything get plugged into the IMRC on install? What circuit runs the intercooler pump?
Evap triggers pump. Open drivers door with car off Nd pump cycles on.

OP
OP

oldirtysturdy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 MT82
Yes, if it pulled spark, then Boostane may help, that top end looks a little weird, so either it picked up knock, it stopped adding timing, or the base spark map is lower 6500+ rpm. Did you log the pulls at all? That would tell us more than the graph would
No I didn't log them, I wasn't there. I am going back as soon as I can (hopefully within the week, before it gets too cold), and I will log the pulls then. My installer said the top end looked weird too. There is a point around 5500 where it looks like it lost traction or pulled timing. But then it starts climbing again, until around 6500. At that point, it looks like it pulled timing or the EB tune has a lower base spark map. Either way, I am going to add some boostane and dyno it again. That should tell me if it is the tune or the fuel.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
From what Lund said he tried to tune a Stage II on 93, turns out as soon as he added 2 more degrees the car picked up zero power..Its in the video, Alex Flores then said the Stage II on 93 in too much boost, that's why I believe just throwing it on the dyno with boostane will tell the scenario, either it will pick up power at that weird spot in the rpm or it wont...Then u would know for sure its built into the tune, although EB tech told me adding boostane will help?

I put my money on octane wasnt good enough, add boostane and watch it pick up powa
Thats the problem with 93, its a crap shoot...Just add 1/2 bottle of boostane or octanium to ever tank and u should be good

OP
OP

oldirtysturdy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 MT82
Evap triggers pump. Open drivers door with car off Nd pump cycles on.
and if you leave the door open for too long, then close it...it cycles on lol
Sponsored