Sponsored

Shelby GT350 Mustang Owners File New Class Action Lawsuit Against Ford for Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Now we have uninformed non-buyers exadurrating and making things up. Fantastic. While it might be true for a few who actually want to track their cars, imo, the majority are just sore that all of the options were added in 17 and they want that same value.

This thread is exhausting. I hope you guys have the option to buy the coolers and have a warranty. The original car was cheaper for a reason and asking for this option upgrade for free is rediculous, IMO. If it does come for free, better give TP owners Sync and should give at owners a refund of some kind - because personally, I wanted Sync but I knew better than to get the tech..I would have likely bought a track if both options were available.

I'm out

Having withdrawal symptoms! ;)

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Thanks. There are some issues with that article. But it's interesting.
I personally start and let the car adjust its idle. once it settles down I drive it for a good flow of oil. if I lived in a colder environment I would invest in a block warmer/heater. I

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Most owners hitting limp on the street do so in heavy traffic. So the combination of zero air movement and slight load on the trans results in overheating. I'm not sure if that's a serious question, but to answer I wouldn't know. I've watched my temp gauge climb in traffic significantly. I wouldn't say it's impossible.
I don't know that I agree with your assertion. I think I've seen 1 post about a transmission overheating when the driver was stuck in rush hour traffic. I've seen more posts about people having issues while doing "spirited driving" in the summer. In my mind "spirited driving" means speeds in excess of the speed limit, downshifts, high revs, etc... IOW, having fun and beating on the car a bit, not normal everyday driving.

Initially I had sympathy for Tech owners, but after more than a year of constant crybaby shit-assing on this subject, at this point I'm just enjoying the schadenfreude.

Heretoford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/tech
This is the kind of crap that is FRUSTRATING and frankly false! I have been tracking the 350 since it was rumored in late 2015 and 15. I was in on the ordering process as soon as the ordering banks opened. The information was out there so clearly that I choose the Track Pack. I am not RICH, I was doing everything possible to purchase the GT350 within my means. I knew that regardless if i was on the track I would still drive the car hard on the road and therefore choose accordingly. I would have ordered the base model but it did not have the MR or coolers and I paid for it! I placed more money down because I have had several GT's prior to include a 15 S550 that had incredibly high temps due to the lack of cooling. "Nobody handed me a supplemental manual to read in advance", this statement is sheer garbage!! The information was out there. I was not special or privy to the information. Simply had to research and find it.

If your car is going into limp mode under normal driving conditions or sitting in traffic!?!? TAKE IT TO THE DEALER!!! Document and file a claim!!!! In hind sight I believe Ford should honor the vehicle warranty for an owner purchased FP XMSN cooling fix.

frustrating and false? I can understand why someone might have this pov based on what is now known about the tech vs track packs and that has already been beaten to death. If one goes back to the ordering brochures as well as the Ford-sponsored gt350 web sites from late 2015/early 2016, however, no where does it say a tech package gt350 will be untrackable. There is plenty of info detailing that both the tech and track pkgs include magneride, front coil springs, IDCP, and that the track pkg also includes drive train coolers and a rear wing. This information could be reasonably interpreted different ways, including that perhaps the Track pack was intended for serious Track drivers who planned to visit the track frequently, whereas the tech pack might be for those wanting added conveniences for daily driving but still might visit the track infrequently.

fwiw, I also didn't purchase my car by placing an order -- the car was already in a dealer showroom -- but regardless I did go on-line before purchasing it to review what info I could find on the different packages. The dealership salespeople were clueless, so I also took the available information to a regarded mechanic in the area with track expertise as well as several friends with track experience, and to a person every single one laughed at the idea that as a track novice I would ever come close to pushing the tech car's limits. 'you can mod it if/when you get more serious.'

It is absolutely true that the supplemental owner's manual states "For sustained high speeds or track-day use with a Base or Tech model, we recommend that transmission and differential coolers are added." This is written in the suppl owners manual, which I read after I owned the car.

"false"? hardly. "Frustrating?" tell me about it.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
frustrating and false?

You are kidding me right? You took it to so called experience trackrats and mechanics and they told you you would not need cooling until later??? I started several years ago and as a novice and as an experienced wrench turner I knew Immediately after taking my first car on the tack it would need adequate cooling. One of the firsts mods I did was radiator and brake fluid. When I purchased I purchased a truck later on for towing I made sure it had the towing package (04 F150 FX4). Why Because I have towed before without tow packages and trucks under-performed and overheated, mainly the XMSN!!!

Did you expect individually owned dealers to give a shit!?! Sue themfor ordering the Tech's over the track packs. Sue them for false advertising and misinformation. The dealers are the ones to blame not Ford. The information was out there and out well before the order banks opened and that is why I made an informed decision and ordered a track pack. Pretty simple.

Killing me smalls!!!

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
[FONT=&quot]For prosperity why doesn’t a tech owner conduct an experiment???? Are you all afraid that the results may not support the case? or maybe it will make your case? lets see.[/FONT]

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
[quote=Heretoford;1827049

"That just never happened and was definitely never conveyed in the available literature and reviews at the time" This is a false statement because lots of information was available and you interpreted, maybe due to a limited knowledge of the automobile, to choose as you did.

Heretoford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/tech
You are kidding me right? You took it to so called experience trackrats and mechanics and they told you you would not need cooling until later??? I started several years ago and as a novice and as an experienced wrench turner I knew Immediately after taking my first car on the tack it would need adequate cooling. One of the firsts mods I did was radiator and brake fluid. When I purchased I purchased a truck later on for towing I made sure it had the towing package (04 F150 FX4). Why Because I have towed before without tow packages and trucks under-performed and overheated, mainly the XMSN!!!

did you expect individually owned dealers to give a shit!?! Sue themfor ordering the Tech's over the track packs. Sue them for false advertising and misinformation. The dealers are the ones to blame not Ford. The information was out there and out well before the order banks opened and that is why I made an informed decision and ordered a track pack. Pretty simple.

Killing me smalls!!!
I'm really not frothing at the mouth for vengeance here, I only wish there were some reasonable solutions available that also didn't void the warranty, ones that I also could pull off using a trusted mechanic or maybe even a dealer. I don't have the expertise or time to do it myself. And I'd be willing to pay a little more if need be.

yes, indeed that was the advice from the track rats and 'so-called' experts. To repeat, I was a track novice and all I wanted was to try a HPDS weekend or two. I went to BMW's at VIR and couldn't finish one 20 min session without limp mode, having to wave hoards of specE30s, N55's, miatas, and Coopers past me on the last two laps of every run. My instructor was dumbfounded. If nothing else though, it was a great opportunity to practice momentum driving.:D

I'm not personally hell bent on suing either, though curious to see what if anything comes out the Hagens Berman lawsuit. Maybe it will stimulate FP to find a better solution more quickly? probably not, but who knows. The firm has a strong track record and probably wouldn't have taken the case if they didn't think there was something to it.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
DISCLAIMER!!
I am not an attorney but regularly discuss this with my ex-wife who is lol
The problem with lawers is for ever winner there is a loser too.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
[FONT=&quot]For prosperity why doesn’t a tech owner conduct an experiment???? Are you all afraid that the results may not support the case? or maybe it will make your case? lets see.[/FONT]
I'd like to be prosperous. What experiment are you asking for? Does the prosperous comment mean you will pay me to do the experiment?

Or did you mean posterity?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
I'd like to be prosperous. What experiment are you asking for? Does the prosperous comment mean you will pay me to do the experiment?

Or did you mean posterity?
Hahahahaha damn phones!! Posterity

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
So if the GT350 base/track is not inteaded for track then why limp mode?

Especially since normal street driving couldnt possibly induce enough heat to damage the car accordding to some one here.

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
So if the GT350 base/track is not inteaded for track then why limp mode?

Especially since normal street driving couldnt possibly induce enough heat to damage the car accordding to some one here.
It's simple, just go buy another :headbonk:.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.