Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

earlingy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
Don't look at the price difference between the GT axle-back and the Ecoboost axle-back.

FWIW I have a Corsa axle-back so I'm a glutton for high priced stuff.
Haha I noticed that too! Obviously us GT owners are willing to pay more, since we forked out for more cylinders...

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
For that particular setup you're better off going with a different brand or even an exhaust shop. I'd be interested in hearing the full catback though.
Agreed. Pipes are pipes. Already got a C/B but always interested in what is being offered.

[/QUOTE]Maybe it installs itself.[/QUOTE]

Then worth every penny:thumbsup:

You probably are the only one. The rest of us think its incredibly outrageous.
:lol:

All of the exhausts for this car are outrageous! But muffler deletes are especially so, when you can go to a muffler shop and have them weld some piping on for <$50.
I agree, but I'm more than willing to drop some coin for a quality part that offers what Im looking for. This instance is not the case though.

If you think AWE's is bad, check out KOOKS. Spoiler alert- its $600+ with black tips. :eyebulge:

Insane.

The reality is most of the Muffler delete axle backs are priced in the same range $3-400+, which i agree seems a little high given the materials.
Crazy. That'll get you ref'ed out here in CA.

Probably comes with a AWE sticker that adds 15 HP.
Then totally worth it! :lol:

All axlebacks are expensive
If it had a muffler then I would understand:lol:

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Don't look at the price difference between the GT axle-back and the Ecoboost axle-back.

All good, I love high dollar $hit too. I have an addiction to carbon fiber, nice watches and quality drink. I'm also married with children. :lol:

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
All good, I love high dollar $hit too. I have an addiction to carbon fiber, nice watches and quality drink. I'm also married with children. :lol:
This!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT

The GT Touring Edition Axle-back and the axle-back application for the EcoBoost are different. One includes 180 Technology® (GT) and the other doesn't (EcoBoost), thus the difference. :thumbsup:

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP
The GT Touring Edition Axle-back and the axle-back application for the EcoBoost are different. One includes 180 Technology® (GT) and the other doesn't (EcoBoost), thus the difference. :thumbsup:
Not according to Americanmuscle's website. Looks like both exhaust systems have the AWE180 technology...

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP
From AM:

"Smooth Tone without the Drone
Improves Exhaust Flow for Increases in Horsepower and Torque
Touring Resonators with AWE 180 Technology
2.5" Mandrel-Bent 0.65” Wall T304 Stainless Steel Tubing
4” Double-Walled Chrome Silver Exhaust Tips
Cut & Clamp Installation
Proudly Engineered, Designed, and Manufactured in the USA
Fits All 2015-2017 EcoBoost Mustangs
Product Resources

Submit the first photo Want $10? Write the 1st review Question (1)
Smooth Tone Without the Drone. The sound of the EcoBoost Mustangs factory exhaust is fine for the daily driver. However, if you're looking for a louder, more pronounced sound you should definitely check out AWE's Touring Edition Axle-Back Exhaust. This AWE Axle-Back employees a pair of straight-through Touring resonators, that feature 180 Technology®, which replace the restrictive factory mufflers to create a smooth tone and will definitely wakeup the sound of your turbocharged motor without any irritating drone.

Performance and Power. Featuring a clean, non-baffled, straight-through design the AWE Touring Axle-Back not only improves the sound of your EcoBoost Mustang, but it will also improve its performance. By reducing back pressure and giving your Turbocharged Mustang a free-flowing exhaust, you will see increases in both horsepower and torque.

180 Technology®. AWE designed their Touring resonators using their own proprietary 180 Technology® to give your Mustang a smooth tone without annoying interior cabin drone. As exhaust gases flow through a AWE 180 Technology® equipped Touring resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. Restricting the size and location of these ports and chambers, will control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves rejoin the main exhaust flow creates a 180 degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies.

T304 Stainless Steel Construction. AWE proudly engineers, designs, and manufactures their Axle-Backs in-house, in the good old USA. This exhaust system is handcrafted from U.S.-sourced CNC mandrel-bent 0.65” wall T304 stainless steel tubing for superior strength and corrosion resistance. The system features two straight-through resonators that end with chrome silver 4" double walled, slash cut exhaust tips.

Cut & Clamp Installation. The installation of this AWE Touring Axle-Back Exhaust requires cutting and removing the stock muffler assemblies. The new muffler assemblies will clamp in place of the old. Clamps and instructions are provided.

Application. This AWE Stainless Steel Touring Edition Axle-Back Exhaust is designed to fit all 2015-2017 EcoBoost Mustangs equipped with the Turbocharged 2.3L Inline 4-cylinder engine including Fastback and Convertible models."

TYGT350

Nope, not a GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT PP
Maybe it's a mistake on AM's part?

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT

Sponsored

earlingy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
Is .65" wall a typo too? There's just no way you have an exhaust with that thick of a wall. It'd be larger than 4" OD... Or smaller than 2" ID. Maybe it's .065"? That's ~16 gauge which is what most exhausts are.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT

D.Brown

Save the Manuels
Threads