Sponsored

2015 camaro 1LE vs 2015 mustang gt PP

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
Have spent seat time in both a 2015 1LE-optioned SS and a 2016 GT/PP, I would agree with most of your observations. The 1LE package is definitely the more aggressive suspension setup and, quite frankly, had ride quality that was noticeably harsher than that of my current GT350R. The one area I would disagree with though, is in the area of braking. I feel the GT is better in this area despite not having a Brembo setup in the rear.

Now, if you want to talk 6thGen 2017 SS with a 1LE package compared to a 2017 GT/PP, then it is really no contest at this point based on what we know about both offerings.
I would think this would be the case with the 6-pot fronts on the PP. I have not driven a PP, but the 1LE is a heavy beast and would have been much more confidence inspiring with bigger brakes up front.
Sponsored

OP
OP
armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Have spent seat time in both a 2015 1LE-optioned SS and a 2016 GT/PP, I would agree with most of your observations. The 1LE package is definitely the more aggressive suspension setup and, quite frankly, had ride quality that was noticeably harsher than that of my current GT350R. The one area I would disagree with though, is in the area of braking. I feel the GT is better in this area despite not having a Brembo setup in the rear.

Now, if you want to talk 6thGen 2017 SS with a 1LE package compared to a 2017 GT/PP, then it is really no contest at this point based on what we know about both offerings.
The mustang can stop better, my issue was the brake feel, more or less. The 1LE is more balanced in my opinion. But then again, I still have more seat time in the 1LE. I've only had 500-600 miles in the mustang so far.

Depending on pricing, the 2017 1LE might be my next car.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Really looking forward to what the 2017 1LE brings to the table. The SS is already a great driver's car, so the 1LE should be pretty spectacular. It will be interesting to see whether Ford does anything to the standard Mustang to compete. I think they need to put the GT350 suspension setup as an option on the standard models, which IMO will make it much closer to the Camaro in terms of handling. It will still be down on power, but IMO that's not a huge weakness since both cars are already quite powerful.

-T

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The 2015-'16 GT is already killing it in Texas ESP and FS. Doing well in Nationals too. First 2 events were Mustang heavy.

If you really need to run a Camaro, I would get a 2012-'13 1SS with the FE4 upgrade. You don't need a stupid 1LE unless you are doing laps. Even then it's not worth the money, it did very poorly in T2.

If you need to pretend you are a race car driver, need a car that looks like a race car and has a bullsh!t race car reputation... and need to have a 5th Gen Camaro... then 1LE.

If you want to actually try your hand at the SCCA or NASA, I'd get a GTPP.

It's the ABSOLUTE BEST base you can start with for the price.

The Mustang is a softer volume car with great potential. The Camaro was the best case scenario with little future beyond the dealership.

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Really looking forward to what the 2017 1LE brings to the table. The SS is already a great driver's car, so the 1LE should be pretty spectacular. It will be interesting to see whether Ford does anything to the standard Mustang to compete. I think they need to put the GT350 suspension setup as an option on the standard models, which IMO will make it much closer to the Camaro in terms of handling. It will still be down on power, but IMO that's not a huge weakness since both cars are already quite powerful.

-T
I agree suspension (and I would add tires as well) could make a huge difference in the GT's handling if Ford decides to go that way. Even just wider, stickier rubber by itself would make a huge difference.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I agree suspension (and I would add tires as well) could make a huge difference in the GT's handling if Ford decides to go that way. Even just wider, stickier rubber by itself would make a huge difference.
I really don't like the perelli tires, at all.

I have continental tires on the back and they're night and day better than stock.

The goodyears on the camaro were overall better.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
I really don't like the perelli tires, at all.

I have continental tires on the back and they're night and day better than stock.

The goodyears on the camaro were overall better.
Agreed, I have them and the conti's are so much better.

ParisTNDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Garnet red 2016 Camaro 2SS
Kinda sounds like a very respectable discussion. I was totally upset when I bought my first 5th gen Camaro and shortly after, the Coyote engine Mustangs came out. It was fun trying to mod my Camaro to compete with the Mustang but didn't fair very well. After full bolt ons, I was finally able to get the Camaro down to 12.4s and many bone stock Mustangs were running close to that.

I've had so many cars in my lifetime from Mustangs to chargers to Camaros to Corvettes and I firmly believe the current one-ups-manship is doing great things for car enthusiasts. Unfortunately, the highest performance cars in all the brands are way out of my ability to buy. But, I can read about some of you who can afford them and that is enough for now.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Mark Scroggs just DESTROYED FS in his 2015 Mustang GT. An '06 E92 did well followed by another 2015 Mustang GT.

Only Camaro was a 2013 which was slowest for the 1-3 April National event.

The 2015-'16 GT's are the hottest thing to hit the SCCA since the '11 M3 and '12 Boss. It seems to have an advantage in every area.

That's the reality, the media painted a different picture.

Sponsored

bdavies011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 wheels

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Well... Being that the regular SS BEATS THE GTPP, I'm going to go out on s limb and suggest the 1LE quite possibly, just maybe extend that lead a tad further. Just s crazy guess.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Mark Scroggs just DESTROYED FS in his 2015 Mustang GT. An '06 E92 did well followed by another 2015 Mustang GT.

Only Camaro was a 2013 which was slowest for the 1-3 April National event.

The 2015-'16 GT's are the hottest thing to hit the SCCA since the '11 M3 and '12 Boss. It seems to have an advantage in every area.

That's the reality, the media painted a different picture.
So you just find results to back your propaganda?:crazy: what about these results, more raced in the class and the top 2 were Camaro's and destroyed the Mustang.
http://www.houscca.com/solo/results/16reg03_sum.htm